The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Where have all the Elises disappeared?!

4K views 42 replies 31 participants last post by  DNA Doc 
#1 ·
I apologize for not visiting ET that much after selling my car, but this has really started to bother me. I live in Miami and before I used to see an elise or exige several times a week, sometimes, on a daily basis. Recently, however, they seem to have disappeared. In the last two/three months, I don't think I've seen even one! Has anyone noticed a similar occurrence in other parts of the country? Is there a conspiracy going on that I'm not aware of?

#15 ·
#6 ·
There is a secret group that is buying them up and shipping them out of the country. -eek-

#42 ·
I live in new jersey and I've only seen an elise on the road 3 or 4 times ever, and I've never seen an exige on the road

#14 ·
I suppose you didn't receive the buy back letter for Lotus USA that was in conjunction with the Owner Loyalty program?

#17 ·
haha all good answers guys! But on a serious note, could it be that the majority of owners simply traded them in after realizing that the car was not for them? During a year that they came out, there was definitely a "craze" for the car and it looks to me like its starting to wean off, at least for the general exotic car buyers.

I know that at least locally, Prestige Imports has a huge pre-owned inventory and there seems to be more than ever for them on sale, 142 of them on autotrader alone right now. That's the only way I can explain why there aren't too many of them around right now... the weather is great by the way, 70-80 degrees and sunny :D

#19 ·
142 of them on autotrader alone right now. That's the only way I can explain why there aren't too many of them around right now... the weather is great by the way, 70-80 degrees and sunny :D
Search for Porsche Cayman and see how many you can find on Autotrader :crazyeyes

Then search for all models of Porsche vs. all models of Lotus available. Interesting results there, too. Makes me realize how relatively rare these cars are.

#30 ·
I have not seen an elise/exige on the street in Miami area in about a year now.. before I used to see once every week or so. No clue what's happening here :shrug:

#32 ·
#41 ·
elisetalk aka lotustalk

haha all good answers guys! But on a serious note, could it be that the majority of owners simply traded them in after realizing that the car was not for them? During a year that they came out, there was definitely a "craze" for the car and it looks to me like its starting to wean off, at least for the general exotic car buyers.

I know that at least locally, Prestige Imports has a huge pre-owned inventory and there seems to be more than ever for them on sale, 142 of them on autotrader alone right now. That's the only way I can explain why there aren't too many of them around right now... the weather is great by the way, 70-80 degrees and sunny :D
My car used to be at Prestige, but has since made it's way north to Pittsburgh [insert joke here] and currently is in hibernation in my garage. That accounts for one of the ones (BRP) that you may have seen but that has since fled the area.

#35 ·
They are all here in Los Angeles apparently - we had 30 turn up to the Woodland hills motor4toys show. I would guess there are what maybe around 200 in So Cal ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.