The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where could I buy an Ultima car?

I am interested in maybe buying an Ultima car. But I don't want to assemble it myself. I'm not that good as a mechanic, but mostly, I don't have the patience to do the sourcing of the engine and do the hundreds of hours required.

So does anyone know where I could find used Ultima cars for sale? :wave:

·
Registered
110 Posts
What is your budget and are you sold on the Ultima?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Budget is enough to buy an Ultima.
I'm not sold on the Ultima just yet. I think it is an awesome car. But I'm also considering getting another Caterham (I owned one for 2 years). I also considered a Radical, but I'd like it to be street legal and Radical can't be street legal here.

So I see X-Bow in your sig. I'd like that too. But again, must be street legal. Because if I'm to ever buy a track only car, it's gonna be a West/Stohr/Radical. All of wich would decimate a Caterham/Ultima/X-bow/2-11 on the track.

Any suggestion?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Superlite I like a lot!! :bow:

The GTM really not my type. Looks like a Corvette. :shrug:

Do you know anyone with a street legal Superlite?

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Superlite I like a lot!! :bow:

The GTM really not my type. Looks like a Corvette. :shrug:

Do you know anyone with a street legal Superlite?

The only one "street legal" is the black factory demo seen on the web site above. So far there are 16+ Superlite Coupes orders. I would give it 3-6 months and you will see one in action.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ultima is a great "straight line" accelerator. They have a ridiculous amount of oversteer inherently, probably from the excessive HP to weight, so that makes them a lousy track car. High HP FFR's and Ariel Atoms suffer the same plight. If they are pushed, they usually find a wall or Armco.

Why not stay with a Lotus and up the HP. They handle well under moderately high HP.

If you really want an Ultima already assembled then there are always some in the UK for sale. You will have to pick up the shipping and trust the car is what you think it is once it arrives. A big leap of faith to buy a car from overseas.

The new ZO6 is always a nice compromise too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2005 Ultima GTR for sale w/ less than 200 miles

I got a 2005 ultima gtr I am looking to sell. It has less than 200 miles on it. I got it drove it a few times and its sitting in my warehouse since I got it imported from england. It has a 3.8L Chevy Small block in it. It has the roll cage and everything. Its red with a carbon fiber wing. Its georgous. It has insignias in the seats and such. The standard ultima cockpit is kinda cheap so I redid it all. Paid over $140k for it with everything. I am asking $108k for it obo. Call me lets make a deal. I am in south florida but I can ship it anywhere. 954-822-1843 ari swann or email me at [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts