The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Beautiful looking track.

Derek,
I don't think many people are going to find the LSS package too rough on a smooth track, unless they were able to take the cars out on public roads and evaluate them that way.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
holy crap. i go away a couple days or so for work and come back to discover lotus was using the track down the road! somebody tell me they are there again tomorrow and I will drive down with my 500mm lens and 1.4 teleconverter and find a grassy knoll. where is the track visible from "outside"?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I think today was the first day of the event, so I'm pretty sure they'd be there tomorrow as well. Please please please get some more pics! :) According to the thread at that link posted previously, the pictures were taken from a spot near the museum.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
LotusLust said:
holy crap. i go away a couple days or so for work and come back to discover lotus was using the track down the road! somebody tell me they are there again tomorrow and I will drive down with my 500mm lens and 1.4 teleconverter and find a grassy knoll. where is the track visible from "outside"?
Forget the grassy knoll. Be a true papparrazzi and rent a helicopter to hover above the track and take pictures.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok so our dealers have been to the press launch (29th and 30th) and many of them are now back in town. So has anyone called his or her dealer to find out what the scoop is? Do we have answers to any of the questions raised in this thread?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I emailed my dealer for any details, no response yet. Man, this has been the most boring press event ever. In the age of the internet, there should be some kind of info by now. :confused:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Just because it was a press event, that doesn't mean that it was scheduled for instantaneous release. Could be that the magazine writers were gathering info for later release.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Mon night and Tues were for dealers Wed night and Thurs for press and Thurs night Frid for second set of press.

The company handling the launch for lotus only invited large circulation pubs, but you may not see anything in print. best bet is to call your dealers. I've been promised a short article from Eric of LOA when he gets the chance, prob. next couple days.

Chris

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
I spoke with my dealer 20 minutes ago. He was very excited. He said the stage 1 exhaust adds very little power maybe 2 hp and that the stage 2 adds more but not much more. The stage 2 is the louder of the two and is also 12 lbs lighter. They are priced at around $595 and $695 respectively.

Good news for those of us that like the leather wrapped shifter housing. It is an available option on the US car and will cost $200.

He drove both LSS and Street suspension cars. He said it was hard to tell a difference on the race track. This of course was to be expected. I had hoped they would have been able to test it on the street also.

He went on to say that the US car is much faster than the 111S. He found this out first hand as Lotus also had a 111S on hand so the dealer could compare the two.

He said I will have my car in May:D

PS: He also said that Lotus has an Auto-X course setup and he got to go through it. To quote him, “This is the best Auto-X car ever. It will dominate everything else out there”

Oh yes... And my dealer races.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Derek said:
PS: He also said that Lotus has an Auto-X course setup and he got to go through it. To quote him, “This is the best Auto-X car ever. It will dominate everything else out there”
I sure hope he's right. :) Do you know if he has much autocross experience or know how? If so, Im very happy.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Sorry, not familiar with different stages. Can I go from the standard exhaust sraight to stage 2 or do I have to buy stage 1 to get to stage 2?

21 - 40 of 72 Posts