·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Adam P said:
Derek,

What number are you on the list?

Adamp
I'm #9 on their list. I was expecting delivery in Aug - Sept but I can see that I underestimated my dealers standing with Lotus. This might also explain why they got the show car so early on.

This news has really made my day... I should have my car around the time my girlfriend gets her Mini Cooper S.:D :D :D :D I just can't stop grinning :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
OK OK I am getting a little excited :D Before too long I am going to be stopping people in the street and telling them about the Elise. The waiting is getting to me!!

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Does anybody else have any insight into the May delivery idea? I don't see how that fits in with the story that there will be only 350 cars delivered by August starting in June.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
andykeck said:
Does anybody else have any insight into the May delivery idea? I don't see how that fits in with the story that there will be only 350 cars delivered by August starting in June.
You have to remember, from all indications it will vary by dealer. I really don't understand all this damn secrecy from Lotus. I mean WTF, the car is a bloody success in the media mags, with americans and has a 2 year waiting list. What the hell all they trying to accomplish. The car is a success LOTUS, stop with the stupid games already. I'm starting not to like them very much. What am I going to get, a phone call in the afternoon asking me to pick up the car and bring a blank check with me (because of any dealer options and price games). I have never been so in the dark when it came to spending this much money. They are failing in my opinion in customer relations. So yeah Lotus, keep up the secret bullshit cause it's doing more harm then good is the way I see it. :confused:

·
Registered
394 Posts
You guys suck.. :p

I have been setting my self up for a june or july delivery date, I am number 8 at what is said to be one of the top 2 esprit sales dealers, so can I really expect to get my car in may or early june?

If so, this would be great, I Think I will have my first job out of college in hte first week of june, so I will have all of may off from school and work, an elise would make this time go by fast!

Adamp

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
nxm,
No engine mods needed for either stage, you only need one or the other, are complete units.

Derek,

I don't know if something changed drastically since last Thurs. but I'm higly skeptical of someone 9 on the list getting their car anytime in May, I sure hope I'm wrong.
Chris

·
Registered
724 Posts
i just talked to my dealer, he said he had blast at the dealer show then i asked the BIG QUESTION he said he was getting 11 cars in may, 10 for sale and 1 dealer model. just my luck im #11 on list and will be first in the second batch delivered. He said they didnt know exactly when second batch will arrive probably july or aug. I dont know how accurate this is but thats what the man says.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
I just had the opportunity to look through a European catalog and I can tell you there are quite a few accessories I had no idea would be offered.

There is a leather pocket that attaches via Velcro to the sills, a cell phone saddle style holder will also be offered. It is designed to mount over the divider that is in front of the shifter. There are also options for embroidered Lotus emblem on the seats and door panels. I will get all these options.

My dealer said the leather shifter housing also makes the car quieter. I will also get that option. He said he was surprised to find out that the hardtop felt heavy, but he said it was nonetheless a worthwhile investment.

He said it was claimed that LSD made the car a full 2 seconds slower around Lotus's test track. Many of the race/drivers that drove the LSD equipped cars in England claimed it felt like the car was fighting itself with LSD installed. No cars at the dealer event had LSD.

There are also options for HID lighting (Yes HID... I forgot to ask the price on that one), dealer installed driving lights ($490 ish), a removable steering wheel ($?), fire extinguisher. Bad news on the alarm... There will be no option for the motion sensor:(

I also got more details on the sports exhaust. The stage 1 is a dual center pipe and are larger diameter than the standard ones. The stage 2 is a single large center pipe (he said Viper style?) not unlike the Boxster S design I think.

I got a CD (but it's the old one)

PS: He said Lotus was upset with all the false rumors on the message boards. I hope this helps clear some of that up. If you have questions call your dealers they should be back by now and have lots of info… that’s what I did. Just make sure you have your facts straight before you post em.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Derek said:

PS: He said Lotus was upset with all the false rumors on the message boards. I hope this helps clear some of that up. If you have questions call your dealers they should be back by now and have lots of info… that’s what I did. Just make sure you have your facts straight before you post em.

Aren't rumors always false? If they are true, then they are not a rumor.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Derek said:
PS: He said Lotus was upset with all the false rumors on the message boards.
Best way to fight perception is with fact...provide your customers facts and rumors will subside.

I hope Lotus learned some lessons from the Elise journey we've all been on. When these "new products" are introduced they need to do a better job communicating.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Eddie Haskell said:
Best way to fight perception is with fact...provide your customers facts and rumors will subside.

I hope Lotus learned some lessons from the Elise journey we've all been on. When these "new products" are introduced they need to do a better job communicating.

But then they will not be getting all the free advertising that all these bulletin board speculations provide.

·
Registered
77 Posts
show then i asked the BIG QUESTION he said he was getting

I called fox valley in chicago just now.
I was told the last step in federalizing
the car would take place on june 7- I
don't know what that step is, but I assume
it's administrative. I was told I should expect
my car mid june to mid july. I'm number 7 on
their list. They were very excited and
impressed with the car, but didn't give
me any other info that was new.
When I mentioned some dealers have
suggested may delivery dates, he said
that dealer demos would arrive last week of
may, but customer cars won't until after june 7.

for what it's worth
dan w

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
you know, hearing all this again and again and again....Im starting to get really frustrated too.
Same here- I really would'nt care when the car gets here if I did'nt have to shuffle so many different things that are timed with it's arrival.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
_JD_ said:
Same here- I really would'nt care when the car gets here if I did'nt have to shuffle so many different things that are timed with it's arrival.
It doesn't help that every time you think you know for sure when to expect your car, some random dealership decides that they know something that nobody else knows and gives their customer a May delivery estimate :rolleyes:

I personally doubt that there's any truth to the May date.

Derek, did he tell you the car would weigh in at about 1200lbs and do the 1/4 mile in 11 seconds flat too? :p

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Yeah thats pretty much my frustration. I dont mind waiting, Ive been waiting a long time already BUT..I hear a date and start getting it in my head to work around the 1st of June planning on taking a day off from work ( which is HARD to me to do) getting the money ready, and trying to schedule what I need to do to come get the car. Then it all gets blown up in my face when I hear someone say their dealer says May, or their dealer says no Federal papers till June 7th...its just messing with my head.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
it is absolutely hilarious - dealers have been back from the show for one day and alreaady have their facts messed up. May? June? Either the dealers are dumb asses and don't listen or Lotus gives them incomplete information. Most likely a combination of both.

this was supposed to be the week that our questions were to be answered. ..

41 - 60 of 72 Posts