The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i'm sorry i kind of new to all this. I have been doing search's in the forums for my answer so if it is out there sorry i couldn't find it. I keep hearing about the VF II and how you can upgrade the BWR or Katana to it. I was wanting to look at all the information about it, but i cannot not find a link to the site. Where is it?

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
can this vf setup be purchased as a full kit?not having to buy a bwr and then upgrade to the vf?i would think there would be unused parts that would be a waste of money.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
can this vf setup be purchased as a full kit?not having to buy a bwr and then upgrade to the vf?i would think there would be unused parts that would be a waste of money.
There is also a full kit if your car is still in stock N/A form as well...

Price is $6200 for the full kit. Welcome to Vision Function!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
thanks for the info.i looked awhile back and i thought all they had was an upgrade kit.my car is na.so this vf kit would be an option for me.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Charliex, do you happen to have a dyno graph overlay showing the stage 1 and stage 2 setups? I would like to see the mid range tq and hp changes between the 2 kits? I'm a little up in the air over which one I want for my car that is used primarily for AutoX racing and daily driving.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The only stuff thats really retained in the "conversion" is the supercharger itself, but even it needs to be modifed. If you dont have any supercharger to begin with then ya you would just buy the full kit.

Check my signature for a link showing whats all included and involved.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The only stuff thats really retained in the "conversion" is the supercharger itself, but even it needs to be modifed. If you dont have any supercharger to begin with then ya you would just buy the full kit.

Check my signature for a link showing whats all included and involved.
yea that is what i was thinking.all i remember reading on the vf was that it was an upgrade.so starting with nothing i thought you had to buy the bwr and then the vf upgrade.but i looked through there website and they offer a nice full kit that is closer to the hp im looking for.just under the limit of the gearbox.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Nope, everything is included in the main kit if your starting from non-supercharged. The difference with the conversion kits is that VF puts a different snout on the end of the supercharger, but otherwise you still use VF's manifolds, piping, brackets, etc.

The only thing I cant truly answer is if you have the BWR if your going to have to relocate the alternator back to its original mounting position so as to use the snout support bracket included in the VF kit. I would imagine the answer is yes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts