The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many times a week (I like the per week measurement) do you get asked, "Where is your Elise? ...... or something like that?

I'm curious, because I don't think a day goes by that someone doesn't ask me where the car is......

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
"are we there yet?"

Yeah, I get that a lot. I think to some people, they don't quite believe I am getting one now. :)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I cringe whenever I'm asked that question. I'm so sick of replying "I dont know." It just makes me sad.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Not every day, but quite often. Followed by, can I have a ride when it gets here? General disbelief from most people that I have been waiting a year and a half and still don't have the car.

The wife is convinced that I'm crazy, since I now have an Elise t-shirt, mousepad, keychain, teddy bear and Lotus parking only sign.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sure, I think that crap all the time. I used to wonder how many parts were on the chassi ect.. But, I have only told a pal or two that the car is coming, my family, some of my pals, and just about all but 3 or 4 people have no idea. I am having a small party this saturday, kinda a house warming party, and I invited the manager of the lotus dealer, I hope the word dosent spread..

Adam p

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I've always said Dec. or Jan. and it looks as though I'll be pretty close. Lots of people don't understand waiting as long as I have (which is not as long as many).
I need the demos to arrive. If I don't get some sort of fix soon I may start wavering again.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I used to get a friendly "Hey, did you get that Lotus yet?", but lately the questions have taken on a darker, more cautionary tone..

"Hey, the guys were thinking.. maybe it's not so healthy to, you know, be all into that car you can't get. We worry, man. That's all I'm saying."

My new hobby is tracking the progress and minutiae of the Elise.. Maybe it will be a huge letdown when it finally arrives and I have to find something else to do with my time and focus..

Naw..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Anyone I told, I also mentioned that there were no definite delivery dates so I could get it any time from May 'til July. So far I haven't gotten swamped with questions thank god.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I get it a couple times a week

Everyone I talk to, with rare exception, thinks I'm mad to be getting this car.

They are probably right, but this is no longer a matter of simple desire -- it's a QUEST

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Everyone that comes by my office asks about the car. I've had to tell a few people, "When the car gets here, I'll call you and let you know."

I was also talking to Criswell the other day, and they said that they don't expect their demo car until the end of June. Also, they don't expect to fulfill more than 30 orders by the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Literally twice a day, sometimes more.

My problem is that I've told people the dates I've been told (september '03, April '04, May/June, sometime in July)

Yup, my credibility is getting low on some of this.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Every event I go to and at least once a day at work. I have been saying August now to shut people up. I really hope it won't be that long.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I usually reply with, "Sometime between December and March. It's a handmade car with specific US parts that has delayed production."

That usually appeases them.

I do have one buddy who drives a twin turbo 911 that I haven't told about the Elise. He's the sort that likes to play follow the leader. If I buy a piece of stereo gear, he goes out and buys the same. He even wanted to buy the same lawn equipment.

I'm sure that he'd be on the list if he knew that I was.

I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees mine!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Ground Loop said:
I used to get a friendly "Hey, did you get that Lotus yet?", but lately the questions have taken on a darker, more cautionary tone..

"Hey, the guys were thinking.. maybe it's not so healthy to, you know, be all into that car you can't get. We worry, man. That's all I'm saying."

rotfl That was very good.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,160 Posts
My wife brought our 330xi in to fix a burnt out rear brake light (it's under warranty - why not?)

She called me right after leaving saying that a small crowd of techie's crowded around the back of the car where the new EliseTalk plate holder is...

FOUR different people (sales manager, owner, 2 techies) came up to her and asked her if we had one and/or when it was coming in and that we MUST bring it by for people to oggle over.

Thanks Randy! ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts