The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Wanted to order a quality HID kit for my 06 Elise that is incoming in a few days. It seems like everyone whom sold them at one point no longer does. Anyone know where to get a good HID kit these days?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I got mine off ebay for about 65 bucks, very happy with it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
My car had one when I bought it in '09. It sucked, couldn't be aimed, funky blue light. The Lotus driving lights in combination with stock headlamps are perfect for most street driving applications. YMMV.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Off subject, but relevant.

I didnt like how the HID's would start to come on, go out when you hit the starter button, and then back on, the HID's really didnt like the quick on, quick off, on cycle. Just got done adding a Timed Relay (H3Y-2) to the DRL circuit so that the Daytime Running Lights come on 15 seconds AFTER the key is turned on. This gives me time to start the car before the DRL circuit turns on the HID's.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Doug: Search for the "Green wire" thread. Easily done by shade tree guys at home, and perfect for HID installs (like mine).

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Yep, but now I have the best of both worlds. I have a timer relay in the green wire circuit. Gives me 10ish seconds to start the car before the DRL come on.

It a little car, I wanted to keep the DRL to make the car visible.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I thought about LED halos, but truth be told as an old biker, I just turn on the low beams once the idle stabilizes after startup. I have the green wire mod so the HIDs don't fire up until I tell them to. I just do it before I put the car in gear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts