The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently purchased an 05 Elise that looks like it has a stage II exhaust on it. It's super loud which is great, but the noise is unpolished and drones, as everyone knows. After some research, I think I want to go with the Larini dual exit exhaust through the euro grilles.

I was looking on Sector 111's website, and it looks like they have been discontinued or are unavailable for sale in the US. Is there another US vendor who sells them?

Looking around, I see some UK websites that sell 111S grilles. Would this be the same part that I need?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
A link would help, but long story short...you could make them yourself.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They sure look similar to me, but I just want to make sure before shipping something across the pond :)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Yup, those are the pieces you need for a straight swap and not cut up the OEM grills. :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I emailed hangar111 about their grilles since they don't seem to be OEM but are made for their in-house exhaust

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
The Euro grills were OEM in Europe, but they changed design (unknown why, as it looks better personally than the US design) for the US.

Either way, you will need a drill and a pop rivet gun to install them onto your current license plate grill.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Previous owner cut them out himself out of the OEM and personally I think the look fantastic. This is the Larini SE.... zoom in with your iPhone to see close up

ImageUploadedByAG Free1392408701.770888.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Those do look fantastic, but I realized what tachitup's issue is...he owns an 05, and so he has those stupid rectangular red reflectors on it. When you remove those, there is a rectangle there that the Larini Holes just wouldn't cover/eat up. So makes sense.

That elise looks really good though!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alrighty - so hangar111 says their grilles are custom made for their proprietary exhaust, and they have no idea whether it will bolt to our hardware, or if it even fits the Larini.

The OEM 111S grilles should work, but they will cost over $400 to ship over here after the GBP -> USD exchange :eek:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For those searching in the future, here's the exciting conclusion to my quest:

The Euro-style grill was a factory OE part and your local Lotus dealer
should be able to order them for you. The Lotus Part Numbers are: B117A0149F
and B117A0150F.

·
Registered
147 Posts
For those searching in the future, here's the exciting conclusion to my quest:

The Euro-style grill was a factory OE part and your local Lotus dealer
should be able to order them for you. The Lotus Part Numbers are: B117A0149F
and B117A0150F.
And that won't include the reflectors. I just ordered these pieces and they didn't have them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts