The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good source for aluminum brake handle, door sills and the air-con knobs seen on the 2002/03/04 Esprit? How easy are these parts to retro fit onto an 00 Esprit?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good source for aluminum brake handle, door sills and the air-con knobs seen on the 2002/03/04 Esprit? How easy are these parts to retro fit onto an 00 Esprit?
A dealer can order the sill plates, knobs and brake handle... I've bought several sets over the years. The brake handle is an easy one... even a girl did one on her own V8 ;-) Pull and Push (in that order).

The knobs are simple.. for the center two! The outer shafts will need to be filed down for a larger flat spot to fit the allow knobs. One of the shafts that need to be filed down is plastic so be careful.

Also, there are two versions of the alloy knobs... the setscrew was relocated later to provide more bite on the shaft and it centers better than the early version.

Sill plates have an adhesive backing with a peel away strip... I've done several sets of these. I like to put a masking tape guide first to center the sill plate, then make a masking tape hinge on the outer edge of the sill plate so it's held in position and I can flip it over and remove the backing, then flip it back and use a wooden roller to press it down firmly.

Regards, KM
2000 Esprit V8
2008 Elise SC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts