The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that opinion varies greatly on driving gloves but I'm one that likes them.

Anyone know of anyplace that might have them either online or offline? I hate the ones at Wilson's & all the other local leather goods places...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
do you mean actual racing gloves or just those weird leather things some people drive in.

If you want racing gloves i have a pair of Impact Racing gloves that i love. it's bill simpson's new company.

If it's the weird leather ones i'm of no help, sorry.

-Steve

·
Registered
384 Posts
Golf gloves, right and left of course, work great, and they're cheap.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
If you want old school, then leather palm/knit back gloves are readily available at your local cycling shop in various sizes and variety. Plus, you can feel good about supporting a mom and pop establishment!

Cade

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Lotus Fury said:
I know that opinion varies greatly on driving gloves but I'm one that likes them.

Anyone know of anyplace that might have them either online or offline? I hate the ones at Wilson's & all the other local leather goods places...
I'm assuming from the places you've tried, you mean the leather ones with little holes in them, etc.

While its been a while since I bought a pair, try the mens section of a department store. They frequently have them along with wallets, etc. You might have more luck come xmas, as I think they consider them good gift items.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Nomex flight gloves from military surplus, they are even rated for fire.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Lotus Fury said:
Like I said, opinions on the subject vary... ;)
i didn't mean it as a negative, they're just kinda weird.

Now that i think about it, i know Lamborghini makes a set that comes with all of their cars, i wonder if you could find a pair somewhere.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
offroadr35 said:
i didn't mean it as a negative, they're just kinda weird.

Now that i think about it, i know Lamborghini makes a set that comes with all of their cars, i wonder if you could find a pair somewhere.
I know, I was joking too. It's just really wierd that something as silly as gloves gets people so polarized. I saw a thread on the BMW board I frequent that people were nearly ready to kill each other.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I love the ones I got from Wheelskins . They're comfortable and nicely made. The one downside is that after wearing for some time, my hands are coated with this black powder - it's as if the dye used on the leather comes off.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
MattG said:
I love the ones I got from Wheelskins . They're comfortable and nicely made. The one downside is that after wearing for some time, my hands are coated with this black powder - it's as if the dye used on the leather comes off.
Broken link

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I'm going to try these: Cop Driving Gloves

I figure the look ok but they should last a lot longer than the ones I normally buy.

Reminds me of "Blue Brothers":

"It's a cop car, with a cop engine and suspension"

"It's still a cop car"

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
MotorCade said:
Looks like 'mad max' driving gloves to me.
IS that a bad thing?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Not at all. I'm keeping my elise hidden in safekeeping until 2020, so I can be a vigilante in the barren wasteland that used to be the US. I figure the rest of you will mostly be mutants or outlaw bikers by then. Should I go ahead and paint the elise flat black now to be ready?

Cade

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Lotus Fury said:
I think I'm going to try these: Cop Driving Gloves

I figure the look ok but they should last a lot longer than the ones I normally buy.

Reminds me of "Blue Brothers":

"It's a cop car, with a cop engine and suspension"

"It's still a cop car"
If you like the Cop glove and if you don't care about what they say on them. You might like these. You can get them for about $35 at a dealership.

Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, thought of that but I don't want to wear BMW gloves in the Lotus.... I'm a dork but that might be taking it a bit far.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts