The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like in spore, i m thinking of goiing to the F1 Japan and F1 Shanghai this year. I searched google, mostly travel agent. I just want ticket as I will arrange everything by myself.

Or should I go with travel agent ? I always thought buying everything from travel agent for sporting event is always a rip off as they jack up their ticket, just like in World Cup 2006 in Germany. Very crazy package pricing, luckily I could buy the tickets at face value from FIFA, so I didn't pay the jacked up price, plus I stayed at my friends place.

Thanks.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Expedia.com sells the tickets for F1... They just renewed their partnership. That's where I buy them via formula1.com

Good luck trying to buy Fuji tix from Japan unless you live there or speak the langauge

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For Spore ticket, there is a website. So I assume for Japan and Shanghai, there is a website as well? I never go to F1 before, so I don't know how they distribute tickets. But for soccer, it's always distributed by FIFA.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Yes Japan too but the first round of tickets is through a lottery, or at least it was last year when I went. I bought my tix through formula1.com and got them at the same price as some of the locals I talked to, maybe even a little cheaper. If you go to Fuji pray they made the improvements they say they did. Getting to and from the circuit last year was a nightmare. Picture standing in a soaking wet field with 20,000 other people and no bathrooms waiting for busses. Also I barely made the start of the race because of the line of busses into the circuit. They've promised not to let this happen again. If you can buy tix locally then go for it, expedia is nice easy and cheap. Best of all it's official, not a reseller. I got my tix for Bahrain from them as well.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you got from both formula1.com and expedia for F1 tickets? How's Bahrain?

Apparently Japan and China tickets are not released yet. Anyone know when the release date is?

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts