The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a set of 16x6 and 17x7.5 wheels for my 2008 to run in SS or RTR. Does any body know where I can get some?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so you can buy LSS wheels from your dealer or lotus-garage.... Still looking for after market options. :)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
if they are just for a set of race wheels, and you dont mind mismatched, you might be able to find an appropriate 6" 4x100 front wheel for import compact application. That should be a popular pattern and width. I am not sure about offset though. Of course the rear wheels are found easily. I cant think of any lotus specific vendor offering the smaller lss sized wheels in aftermarket, but it is probably not a popular size.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I've searched and I'm watching the FS forum. I'll search Keinayo. I'd love to have some black LSS for the 08+.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Can you use 6.5"? I don't know where the cut is.

SSR Type F comes in 6.5/7.5, but the price is steep enough that it makes a Bogart/Kodiak/etc pretty appealing.

Iain

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Naw, have to run the 6" wheels... This among other things has me thinking SSM for a long term plan.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
6.5 lss are legal for SS class.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Can you use 6.5"? I don't know where the cut is.

SSR Type F comes in 6.5/7.5, but the price is steep enough that it makes a Bogart/Kodiak/etc pretty appealing.

Iain
used ssr type-c wheels occasionally pop up on here for 1k+, and the stock LSS wheels (if you can run the 6.5) are more common (and not much heavier than the ssr), and priced similar.

btw, you gonna make it to packwood next month iain?

·
Registered
254 Posts
used ssr type-c wheels occasionally pop up on here for 1k+, and the stock LSS wheels (if you can run the 6.5) are more common (and not much heavier than the ssr), and priced similar.

btw, you gonna make it to packwood next month iain?

Packwood....maybe? If stars align and I get all my feces put in one place, maybe?

Once the dust settles wrt cars and trailers and wheels and and and....I'll be looking for Stuff To Do with the Lotus.

I'd say it is 30% at best this year. Next year? yeah, assuming I like autocrossing this thing.

Ran it at a T&T last weekend, did ~20 runs, discovered some issues with front bar (big bind due to a hamfisted bar-installer-person, not the PO, sigh), but got a handle on a couple of things, ID'd some issues I need to sort out, etc.

Should be good. Next event is a week from Sunday, should be on new Hoosiers/bar is sorted out/etc. Looking forward to it!

Iain

·
Registered
254 Posts
Naw, have to run the 6" wheels... This among other things has me thinking SSM for a long term plan.
Ugh, I thought finding my fronts was bad; I've seen lots of 7s, a handful of 6.5s, 16x6? Unobtanium. Blech.

SSM/SSP could be a good choice. SSM = disable/reprogram/eliminate the ABS problem caused by no stagger, 275s on 15s, win. That'd be cool.

I'm guessing mine will wind up in a non-stock place at some point, but for the next few years, I'm going to have to suffer through life in Stock category;).

Thankfully, this thing drives like a SP car out of the box. Whew.

Iain

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I've done three events in the car and it's currently a little slower than my STR S2000 but it's magic to drive and at the last event, I learned how to left foot brake. I had been auto-xing for 9 years and finally tried LFB. It's a game changer with the MR chassis. I'm loving it. I came back from the last event convinced I had to sell the STR car.

·
Registered
101 Posts
glagola1 - the standard wheels are 6". (Not LSS) from earlier models, but they weight a bit more than SSR in 6.5".

It is interesting because this season I run a S2K in BS and also enjoying the drive as well. Hopefully I don't need LFB in the S2K. :p

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
6.5 lss are legal for SS class.
Not on car of a model year they did not come stock on the car. No update/backdate in Stock Category.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
glagola1 - the standard wheels are 6". (Not LSS) from earlier models, but they weight a bit more than SSR in 6.5".

It is interesting because this season I run a S2K in BS and also enjoying the drive as well. Hopefully I don't need LFB in the S2K. :p
Standard wheels are 5.5", I believe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts