The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a MCS in dark silver with the 6 speed transmission. The local dealership wants an outrageous amount for one. Anyone know where I can pick one up at MSRP? I'm looking to get this car ASAP.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I'm in the market for a MCS in dark silver with the 6 speed transmission. The local dealership wants an outrageous amount for one. Anyone know where I can pick one up at MSRP? I'm looking to get this car ASAP.

Thanks!
Cars that get great gas mileage are in higher-demand these days.
.and dealers seem to know it! (and charge extra over msrp I guess).

but good luck, those coopers are cool

Q

·
0 Posts
I usually send a fax to the 4 or 5 dealers within 100 mile driving area. (be willing to drive to get a better deal).

Our of 4 our 5 faxes to dealers, usually 2 or 3 will bite...

My fax goes something along the lines of...

>>I am in the market to purchase a ______________

I would like the following option packages.

A
B
C
D

My color choice preferences are

A
B
C
D

I am competitively shopping this vehicle amongst the dealers within the 100 mile vicinity.

Please FAX me your bottom-line best deal, including Tax, Tag, and Title, on the above vehicle, including available color(s) and included option packages.

I am a serious buyer and am willing to buy this vehicle in the next __ days. If we can strike a deal, I will call you to place a $500 deposit to hold this vehicle.

My FICO score is XXX. I would like to lease/finance this vehicle for __ months. I will put $_,000 downpayment.

Do not call me. Please fax me your best offer (bottom line) to XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts

Thanks!
I bought my MINI S at Classic Mini in Mentor Ohio. They sold it to me at list. It is my 3rd MINI...I still have one other Mini S. The guy I bought it from is no longer there.

You can also call our local dealer here in buffalo. Towne Mini.....Speak to Greg, He knows me as the lotus guy. I did not buy my car there as they would not give me as good a trade in on my 2004 MINI S with the works kit as the guys in Mentor did. I would be happy to help you in any way to do this including picking up the car and holding it for shipment to you if the dealer wont do it.[/I]

·
Registered
278 Posts
I usually send a fax to the 4 or 5 dealers within 100 mile driving area. (be willing to drive to get a better deal).

Our of 4 our 5 faxes to dealers, usually 2 or 3 will bite...

My fax goes something along the lines of...

>>I am in the market to purchase a ______________

I would like the following option packages.

A
B
C
D

My color choice preferences are

A
B
C
D

I am competitively shopping this vehicle amongst the dealers within the 100 mile vicinity.

Please FAX me your bottom-line best deal, including Tax, Tag, and Title, on the above vehicle, including available color(s) and included option packages.

I am a serious buyer and am willing to buy this vehicle in the next __ days. If we can strike a deal, I will call you to place a $500 deposit to hold this vehicle.

My FICO score is XXX. I would like to lease/finance this vehicle for __ months. I will put $_,000 downpayment.

Do not call me. Please fax me your best offer (bottom line) to XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Thank you.

rotflrotflrotfl That's hilarious!!! -poke- You can't be afraid to negotiate... Negotiating is the fun part.

·
Registered
278 Posts
SoCal 4 life,

If you're serious I can make a couple calls for you and get you the car. PM me and I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Q

·
0 Posts
rotflrotflrotfl That's hilarious!!! -poke- You can't be afraid to negotiate... Negotiating is the fun part.
I'm too busy to waste my time playing dealer games. Been there done that many times over the years. I know how to play the game back. It's boring.

Hey, it works for me and those wanting to participate.

Case in point, I just picked up a new Sequoia Platinum for my mother yesterday. Deals offered varied by $4K and interest rates varied from 7% to 5.25%

I ended up getting a dealer eager to sell for the deal that beat others by $4K and financed for 5.25%, compared to 6.75%

So what's hilarious about that? Took maybe an hour to gather all the faxes, and I got what I wanted at a deal that was more than fair.

-poke-

:p

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm too busy to waste my time playing dealer games. Been there done that many times over the years. I know how to play the game back. It's boring.

Hey, it works for me and those wanting to participate.

Case in point, I just picked up a new Sequoia Platinum for my mother yesterday. Deals offered varied by $4K and interest rates varied from 7% to 5.25%

I ended up getting a dealer eager to sell for the deal that beat others by $4K and financed for 5.25%, compared to 6.75%

So what's hilarious about that? Took maybe an hour to gather all the faxes, and I got what I wanted at a deal that was more than fair.

-poke-

:p
If you get 2 out of the 5 faxes you sent back to you then how do you know you got the best deal? It may be considered good when one is better than the other but the one's selling the most cars probably aren't getting back to you because they're selling cars off the floor... So, you get 2 quotes from dealers that have nothing going on and no other business to work on.. I'd rather work with the dealer making 20 deals at a time so a good loss doesn't seem to affect his business as much since he made good profit on atleast a few of the previous ones.. A slow dealership has to make his rent somewhere and I'm guessing it's with people that didn't really shop... or shopped but got 2 responses...... Dealership = :nanner2:

BTW, I have no problem with a company earning a profit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
No new MINIs for '08? Manufacturers tapped, dealers sold out - Autoblog

I ordered my wifes back in June and still haven't gotten it yet. But I was lucky to get my order in before the price hike. From what I've been told by my local mini dealer, you can no longer buy or order 08 minis. If you want one new you'll have to order a 09 model and probably won't receive it till December or later. Best bet is just to find a new used one online.

Q

·
0 Posts
If you get 2 out of the 5 faxes you sent back to you then how do you know you got the best deal?
:wallbang:

Because I do my homework and I know what a DEAL should be before I even start the faxing process.

This weeds out the dealers that aren't willing to get me the deal I want and I know I can get from the start. Plus I don't waste time trying to find a dealer that isn't interested in working the numbers for me.

The only caveat, is I may have to drive to a smaller dealer in a smaller neighboring city. But chances are that dealer might have less overhead and is willing to make less on the car then the local guys with the brand new showroom and 100 employees to deal with.

Listen, you may not like my process or think my process is hokey. I've used it for the past 15 years on about two dozen cars for myself and various friends and family.

It works, and I have saved a bunch of time and money.

Sorry if you feel otherwise.:thwack:

·
Registered
278 Posts
:wallbang:

Because I do my homework and I know what a DEAL should be before I even start the faxing process.

This weeds out the dealers that aren't willing to get me the deal I want and I know I can get from the start. Plus I don't waste time trying to find a dealer that isn't interested in working the numbers for me.

The only caveat, is I may have to drive to a smaller dealer in a smaller neighboring city. But chances are that dealer might have less overhead and is willing to make less on the car then the local guys with the brand new showroom and 100 employees to deal with.

Listen, you may not like my process or think my process is hokey. I've used it for the past 15 years on about two dozen cars for myself and various friends and family.

It works, and I have saved a bunch of time and money.

Sorry if you feel otherwise.:thwack:

I apologize if I insulted you in any way. How did you learn this "technique"? Dealerships usually have an internet department and dedicated internet salespeople that will respond to your email quite quickly... I've been to a couple dealerships where the fax machine is in the business office or a file office which is usually closed off to the sales department during the weekends and that's where I found it funny. :rolleyes: That could also be the reason for only 2 dealerships responding... :shrug:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

Thanks!

I bought my Jet Black R53 from this place in New Jersey.

If you like dark silver and are going to spend a lot of money anyway ... maybe think about picking this up:

2006 Used MINI Cooper S Works GP at Auto Toy Store in West Berlin, NJ | Avanti - Vehicle Details

They'll ship it to you.

:coolnana:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought my Jet Black R53 from this place in New Jersey.

If you like dark silver and are going to spend a lot of money anyway ... maybe think about picking this up:

2006 Used MINI Cooper S Works GP at Auto Toy Store in West Berlin, NJ | Avanti - Vehicle Details

They'll ship it to you.

:coolnana:

Cool car but I'm looking to get the base Mini S. Besides, I'm probably going to end up Lotus-izing the car anyway and it would be a shame to tear apart a LE model.

Btw, anyone know of any active socal mini forums?

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Call Dana Eastman at Crevier BMW in Santa Ana. I special ordered my wife's Mini S from him last year and she got just what she wanted in five weeks. He has said he will do MSRP for Lotus buddies. He is a racer and car guy and a complete gentleman.

Call him at 714-560-9525 and tell him David Christian told you to call.

BTW, it is a great car. Email me if you want more specifics.

:up:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts