The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Quick question: Where is a good place to buy racing suits / helmets in the Chicago area?

Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Northstar is a really nice place & the people there are always nice. I just wish that there was a place a little closer to the city and a little less pricey. I find myself trying on things at Northstar and then buying it off the internet at a 25% lower cost.

I much prefer to just buy it there - but when your spending $500 to $1k on something, saving $100 to $250 is just not worth the 'take it home now' feeling.

Anyone know of another place in the Chicagoland area?

·
Registered
327 Posts
would like to dig this thread right up. I'll be returning to Chicago over christmas and want to purchase a helmet while im there as we get ripped off in Australia. Can anyone recommend somewhere not too far from the Oak Park area?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Northstar is still the place. The owner John is a great guy and has some great cars, including a beautiful Riveria Blue and Orange GT3RS:

It's a bit of a trek from Oak Park (88 W to 53N to 90W) - probably 40 min or so.

If you are here for a bit of time, you can order things and have them shipped to wherever you'll be. I'm seeing a lot of emails for holiday sales - SoloRacer for one.

·
He's on fire!
3,133 Posts
You might try calling Northstar before you get here. About a week ago I got a postcard from them, they were doing 20% off on in stock helmets. Not sure how long it was supposed to last, I discarded the ad because I already bought a helmet from them.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ok thanks guys. It may be worth the drive over there just to see that blue RS! Shipping to my door would definitely be easier but I want to try a helmet on as I'm not sure what size I need to be (have done the measurements etc).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts