The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of new tires (all four of them) soon.
I have a Cup 260 car with OE Cup wheels.
I can't find track tires locally in Dubai for our cars. I used to get my tires from Tirerack shipped to NY address then take them with me on the flight back to Dubai. I go there a couple of times a year. Apparently, Tirerack is now charging Taxes in NY.
Is there away to get tires in NY state without paying taxes?

Where is the best place to get track tires nowadays?

Also, what is the best track tire (brand and size) one can get?

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Best Brand? that is an open ended question .. the best will be what meets your driving style, track surface, temps and longitivtiy needs.it may be a Hoosier A or R compound, it may be a Toyo, Yoko, BF Goodrich, Michelin, Pirelli.... best to read review from people using on same type track in similar car. The problem of a generic answer is that some tires peak early like in two laps, some late and performance may plateau for a while or fall of immediately; turn in may be sharp or soft, peak grip may be flat vs steering angle or very sharp and easy to stall, thus more spin potential.

Sources .. will TireRack not ship overseas. As to NY they are probable one of the many states moving to tax all items delivered in state regardless of business locations of seller, eventually all internet commerce will be taxed by the state of the recipient.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts