The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 14 S Manual (laser blue/cognac) and in a bid to satisfy the gods that govern Murphys law and ensure that there's not a centimeter of snow this season, I want to make sure I equip snow tires on the Evora as it's my DD.

I have a set of Michelin Pilot Alpine PA3's in stock NA Evora sizes that I used on my 11 Evora that I'd like to use on the S. I was hoping to find a used set of NA OEM Evora wheels but I've looked everywhere for months now and can't find anything. There are random wheels available that are close in spec but nothing has quite the right offset and given that it's a Lotus I'm very hesitant to veer from stock specs.

Does anyone have any insights as to where I can get a set of NA OEM spec wheels (or the OEM wheels themselves) for not insane money (i.e. less than the price of ordering a new set through Lotus), or know of set of wheels that would work on the car?

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
How much are you looking to pay? Just took my stock wheels off...may be tempted away lol

·
Registered
456 Posts
Congrats on your new Evora S. Did you order this car to your specification or brought it at a dealer inventory? It seems like a lot of previous Evora owners like to upgrade to an S. Which is the reason why I go ahead for an S

·
Registered
160 Posts
There are lots of aftermarket wheels that will fit. The good thing is unlike an Elise the evora has a very common lug pattern(5x114.3) that many cars use. Some of the wheels are notably heavier than the lotus wheels and the offsets may be a little different but we are talking winter wheels and winter rubber so the performance limits are a little different. If you are going 18/19 sizes you should have no problems with fit with most aftermarket wheels. I went with 18's front and rear which was a little more chanllenging as the rear toe arm can interfere wih some 18" wheel castings.
I just went by a local tire/wheel shop and tried some assorted wheels on the car and found a set of Konig wheels that fit fine for under $500

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Would love to know that info.

·
Illegal Alien
5,345 Posts
A lot fit??? Not in my universe!

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
There are lots of aftermarket wheels that will fit. The good thing is unlike an Elise the evora has a very common lug pattern(5x114.3) that many cars use. Some of the wheels are notably heavier than the lotus wheels and the offsets may be a little different but we are talking winter wheels and winter rubber so the performance limits are a little different. If you are going 18/19 sizes you should have no problems with fit with most aftermarket wheels. I went with 18's front and rear which was a little more chanllenging as the rear toe arm can interfere wih some 18" wheel castings.
I just went by a local tire/wheel shop and tried some assorted wheels on the car and found a set of Konig wheels that fit fine for under $500
can you post details? This is a question that has been asked many times.

·
Registered
218 Posts
They may fit but my concern would be the high offset and the damage it might do to wheel bearings.

Please do share your info, as I would love to find a set for winter use.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The issues that I encountered with wheel fit are the lotus spigot hole is an odd size of 68mm. this eliminates some wheels with a 67 or 65 mm bore but most aftermarket wheels run a 73mm bore so you just need to get a custom made centering ring which I sourced through Hubcentric Rings (64.1 - 73.1) JustForWheels.com
As for offset I would not be comfortable with changing from the lotus recommended specs for aggressive track or street driving but once again we are talking winter rubber and wheels. I have about 15K miles on my winters over the past 3 seasons without any sign of problems
Another issue is that with some wheels the 18" casting was too thick and it caused interference with the rear toe arm. I just ran into this problem again when I tried to fit my track wheels from my Cobra on the Lotus (18x8 fronts and 18x10 rears with a45mm offset) and could not mount them due to the toe arm contacting the rim.
I ended up going with an 18x8.5 konig illusion wheel wtih a 45mm offset
using 225/40/18 fronts and 235/45/18 rears
Because the bolt pattern is the same for multiple mft's from ford to nissan the shop so they had several wheels to try in stock.
Here is an old shot of the car. I thought the wheels looked too ricer with the diamond cut silver on the spokes they actually look much better now that they are plastidipped in black.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Thank you for posting. I can't speak for others, but I know I was hoping for something a little closer fit wise, i.e., these wheels are different from stock (for a NA car) in terms of size, offset (almost one inch for the rears), and bore. It's my own fault for having purchased winter tires in the (almost) recommended sizes (like the Elise, winter tires for these cars in the recommended sizes were manufactured by elves, out of unobtainium, in a single set, and hidden in a cave in Middle Earth). But I do appreciate your follow-up note.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you give a quick run through comparing the 2014 vs 2011?
You've inspired me to make a separate thread with a more detailed rundown and photos. The 2014 is a massive improvement in my opinion and I have found the S to have a lot mid range punch on the butt dino which gives it the impression of being far faster vs the NA car than the numbers would suggest.

Congrats on your new Evora S. Did you order this car to your specification or brought it at a dealer inventory? It seems like a lot of previous Evora owners like to upgrade to an S. Which is the reason why I go ahead for an S
I was going to order to my exact specs but no one was sure if it was even possible to do so because of the air bag exemption. It jus so happened that at the port was a car that was literally option for option exactly how I was going to custom order mine, so that worked out well.

Thank you for posting. I can't speak for others, but I know I was hoping for something a little closer fit wise, i.e., these wheels are different from stock (for a NA car) in terms of size, offset (almost one inch for the rears), and bore. It's my own fault for having purchased winter tires in the (almost) recommended sizes (like the Elise, winter tires for these cars in the recommended sizes were manufactured by elves, out of unobtainium, in a single set, and hidden in a cave in Middle Earth). But I do appreciate your follow-up note.
I echo that sentiment. I really appreciate the post but I don't want to deviate form stock offset/specs.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Oops...sorry. I thought ya'll were PLAYA'S :cool:

seriously though .....the HRE's I'm currently lusting after are over $9K...but that is for my 8 yr old infiniti. BC Forged has my second fav and they are right at $4K.

I'ms sticking with my uber-light Ray's OEMs and putting the wheel money in my lotus account.

One of my "Rules" is only buy a car with wheels that I like. Aftermarket is just too expensive. I love the split 5 spoke of the NAs.......

·
Registered
638 Posts
Oh believe me, i agree they're gorgeous (both the car and the Monza wheels). I just want a cheap set of wheels i can use on the track and not freak out over if i scuff them up, and the Team Dynamics are impossible to get in a timely fashion.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a set of team dynamics with MSS that I will sell. I only put about 400 miles on them before I sold my Evora. Shoot me a PM if you are interested

1 - 18 of 18 Posts