The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My aquamist tank has been leaking since I got it.

My trunk is getting moldy. The carpet is nearly always soggy. I'm guessing it's the methanol in the mix, but for whatever reason, something has stained (read: bleached) a section of my soft-top while it was sitting back there. I'm fed up.

The tank itself is crap - ugly welds, could have been finished better, takes up 1/4 of the trunk because of where it sits. etc etc etc.

Where can I get a new one? I know I've seen a bunch of pictures of other people's installs, but I can't seem to find them, nor do I remember where anyone got their tanks (I think most of them were made). Anyone care to share?

·
Registered
199 Posts
what kind of tank do you have now? What material? what size are you looking for? How is it leaking? this is not normal of any tank.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I used my windshield reservoir. Given the size of our injectors, and the amount of WI needed for those injectors, it should last longer than a tank of gas.

With my SC setup 440cc injectors at 80% duty cycle x 4 injectors = 1408cc
Water Meth injection you want between 10% to 15% ideally = 211cc
So I am using a .4mm diameter jet at 150 psi which gives me roughly 210cc Water/Meth injection.

The washer reservoir is fine for that amount.

If you are injecting more than 15% Water/Meth of your gas flow, you are drowning your engine and robing Hp. Also you'll be steam cleaning your engine on the inside to the detriment of the internal seals.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what kind of tank do you have now? What material? what size are you looking for? How is it leaking? this is not normal of any tank.
Kind of tank? NO idea, I believe it's custom. It was installed when the car was owned by the previous owner. He lived in GA & flew a Tri-point mechanic out to do this install. That's as much as I know about it.

Material: I believe it's alumium, though it also appears to be welded, so who knows (can you weld aluminum?)

Size? 1 gallon is what I have now, it works fine.

How is it leaking? No idea. I just know there is water all over my trunk. I notice it most when the tank is fairly full & less as it empties. Leaking does not seem to be associated with driving, which makes me think it's the tank itself rather than the lid leaking

I used my windshield reservoir. Given the size of our injectors, and the amount of WI needed for those injectors, it should last longer than a tank of gas.
Does that remove the ability to squirt the windshield or do you just use the water/meth mix for cleaning the window too?

·
Registered
199 Posts
We have a special tank, it will work with any of the shurflo pumps, so if you have the HFS-1 or HFS-5 it will work. If you have the iddy biddy piston pump, it will not fit the pump. with this design the shurflo pump will fit in the tank, screw it down and you are done. Very simple. Its 1.5 gallon capacity. Im installing it in my 06 right now and there are actually 2 factory bolts that can be used to bolt it down, you need to drill the other 2. Dimensions are 8 tall, 8 wide and 11 inches long.

http://www.coolingmist.com/detailmain.aspx?pid=ShurTank

Your other options are taping into the WW container. If your using the iddy biddy piston pump, the WW fluid container is fine. If your using a shurflo I would get a larger tank.

These are just 2 options, you have many others.

David

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I have an extra windshield washer tank. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts