The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Total newb question here, can you get aftermarket brakes done
At any local brake place or should be somewhere like park place ?

Thinking about new rotors and pads instead of dealing with
Rusty pad rotor issue cosmetically. Grinding anyway

Suggestions for shop and expected cost?
Thank you !

·
Registered
148 Posts
Pad and rotor change on an Elige is very simple. You can get all the tools you need for the same price (or possibly less) as a shop will charge you for one visit. Here is a video showing how quick it really is:

I wouldn't recommend using a discount shop unless they have worked on a Lotus before, as they may mess up the car when they put it on a lift. If you do want to take it in, Park Place would know what they are doing, as would Cantrell Motorsports in Bellevue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Your own garage ;)In all seriousness though, unless you really don't want to or don't have the time it is a very easy job. This way you know the quality of work and parts. The only place I'd really trust is a dealer which I wouldn't want to spend the $$$ on or a local shop that would allow me to personally jack it since I don't really want anyone putting it on a lift other than myself. I'm super paranoid though.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I am a total idiot when it comes to working on cars and I did my brakes last week with minimal tools as it is one of the few things I will do to my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts