The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who makes the racks that suck. Their web page is down and I read on another forum someone here make/made them. Anyone know who it is or how I can get my hands on one.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know why the low profile from the maker. But I'll keep their privacy. I'm sure they have old stock and would pay to get one of these ASAP! Please come out of the dark!

Anyone have one and can speak about the rack?

Why has it become such a secret?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would pay for one of these also, right away.

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
hate speed limits
714 Posts
That's really dumb.
No way, think of the $$ you would save by not needing a tow truck. Strap a towstrap to the back of the bike & start pulling -poke-

lol, nah in all honesty I think it's pretty cool even though I'd never need one.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
whatever floats your boat I guess!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hey, it's a car. If the rack works properly (i.e. is secure and doesn't damage the car or bike), then what's the big deal? :shrug:

A friend of mine used to have a bike rack on his 911 Turbo. While I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't call it a fail...

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
The LT member who created it's screen name is Graydon. If I remember correctly, he never got enough orders to go through with a production run - but I could be wrong. If there is enough interest he might be able to have a batch made up. Send him a PM to see what's up.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I dunno, any roof rack that requires you to drill two large holes in your bodywork seems same level of fail as suction cups on the windshield.

FWIW i've had similar suction cups let loose on me. To be fair they were from Harbor Freight and I was trying to pull out a pretty big dent.

gm

·
Registered
278 Posts
If this works, I think it would be better than a unique rack simple because it doen't require holes drilled into the clam.
But kudos to someone who has an interest in an active outdoor sport in addition to motorsports, regardless of which rack they use.

I once saw a photo of a Murcielago with a snowboard carrier on top. In my opinion that's much more badass than a shiny, clean Murcielago on a city street. An Elise with a mountain bike on top (secured safely) is along those same lines, don't you think?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think thats a great idea, I would get one also. Never saw anything like that before. I don't have another car to move my Mt bike around with so I can't ride it anymore other than around my house. This is brilliant!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Anyone know who makes the racks that suck. Their web page is down and I read on another forum someone here make/made them. Anyone know who it is or how I can get my hands on one.

Thanks in advance
If you can't track down a place to get that rack, you could probably make your own. I've seen those suction cups at an automotive glass place. Maybe your local hardware store have them too. And then just fabricate up a bar. If you go that route make sure to test it first.

Manually Operated Hand Suction Cups

good luck,
Larez2

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Why would you want a rack that sucks, wouldn't it be better if you get the ones with the suction cups? :D Question, if they tell you "As you exit the car, do not lean on the top of the Windshield" Wouldn't those cups with the weight of the bike/wind force crack the glass? if not, I'm leaning on it!!.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts