The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks guys, Lola needs to get some tint bad... Her A/C can barely keep up (ok it can't) in this fire pit. -JD

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
As you want to reduce the solar heat through the glass, there really is only one tint to consider, 3M Crystalline. I believe it is the only tint to publish "heat rejection" figures. There is a misconception that "dark" tint, rejects heat, it does, but not very well, it mainly reduces visible and UV light. The beauty of Crystalline is that one version of it is clear, which means it can be installed on the windshield, which is the biggest solar heat source.
3M ///AUTOBAHNTINT.COM - Phoenix, Arizona 3M Crystalline Nanotechnology Tint Solution
Solar Windshield Products : 3M Crystalline Films & PPG Glass Coatings
Enter the World of Prescription Windshields
Michael

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for the recommendation

Lotustalk.com,

I had a customer this morning come in, he owned a lotus elise. I installed our IRS Shield on his '05 yellow, carbon fiber accented, inlarged radiator elise. As you know the lotus is easily heat soaked here in Arizona.

After I delivered his car I asked him where he heard of us, he mentioned your forum "lotustalk.com".

I appreciate your good words, educated recommendation and loyalty to 3M product lines; Crystalline Window Film (IRS Shield) and Scotchgard Paint Protection Film (Clear Bra). I will be here for your friends and customers.

Brand-On
3M Installer

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Lotustalk.com,

I had a customer this morning come in, he owned a lotus elise. I installed our IRS Shield on his '05 yellow, carbon fiber accented, inlarged radiator elise. As you know the lotus is easily heat soaked here in Arizona.

After I delivered his car I asked him where he heard of us, he mentioned your forum "lotustalk.com".

I appreciate your good words, educated recommendation and loyalty to 3M product lines; Crystalline Window Film (IRS Shield) and Scotchgard Paint Protection Film (Clear Bra). I will be here for your friends and customers.

Brand-On
3M Installer
Cool, I may have to come see you soon :)

I need new clear film applied to my rocker panels and I've been wanting to do a proper heat rejection film on the car for a long time now.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
3M

Cool, I may have to come see you soon :)

I need new clear film applied to my rocker panels and I've been wanting to do a proper heat rejection film on the car for a long time now.
I only did my windshield and what a difference it made! Well worth the price! This is something I should have done a long long time ago! The interior much much cooler then before! I don't doubt that you will fill the difference! Highly recommended!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts