The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been getting harassed about not having a front license plate by the local law enforcement. Any ideas or places to go to purchase what I need? Oh yeah heres a pic of her seeing as Im new here.

I bought the car in pensicola, Florida and drove it home to Washington. On the way I ran into a fleet of elise and espirit out on a drive. Kinda made the whole trip worthwhile.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
welcome to ET.

many, many threads on the subject of mounting tags.

search on

magnet* plate*

and

blackwatch plate* or BWR* plate*

there's also the crummy OE mount which involves drilling into the clam.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Hi.....welcome.....if you drill 4 big holes in your clam for that bracket, we'll never talk to you again....... -poke-

An 'advanced search'....titles only for 'license plate' will yield 61 threads alone.....and that's only counting people that know ho to spell 'license'.

:wave:

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Hi.....welcome.....if you drill 4 big holes in your clam for that bracket, we'll never talk to you again....... -poke-

An 'advanced search'....titles only for 'license plate' will yield 61 threads alone.....and that's only counting people that know ho to spell 'license'.

AceyTracy?
:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I searched for license plate mounting and such, but didnt turn up what I was looking for, so I guess I have the terminology to get what I need now. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I searched for license plate mounting and such, but didnt turn up what I was looking for, so I guess I have the terminology to get what I need now. Thanks guys.
Aftermarket solution: http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41864&highlight=license+plate+mount

My personal favorite: http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48953&highlight=license+plate+mount

These days I use a Sector111 folding front tow hook to mount the bracket... easy on/easy off.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
ironic how just yesterday another similar thread came up.
similar threads seem to come in waves huh?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have the same problem in Houston, Texas. I just got some double-sided adhesive 3-M tape and stuck it on the upper-left-hand side of my windshield. It looks tacky. As an alternative, get some adhesive-backed velcro strips and apply to the rear of the plate and to the rectangular square in the middle of the lower front clam shell under the grill-opening and attach the plate there. Or, you can go to BlackWatch Racing and buy their special front license plate mounting bracket that does not require drilling for $60.00. Whatever you do, don't drill holes in your clam shell!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Industrial Velcro. Installed yesterday, after getting a ticket for no front plate a week or so ago.

ed

·
Registered
873 Posts
Get a mounting bracket (the non factory 4 hole one), bolt the front plate on, then beat it up with a baseball bat, once it is all smashed up then put it back in the trunk. So next time when the cop stops you for no front plate, you can show the cop the after math from your last accident, and that you are currently waiting for a new bracket and plate.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I mounted my front license plate on my porch. Looks good.

Mine is mounted to th wall in my garage. Seemed a more appropriate place...

·
Registered
1,571 Posts

You mean the proper Queen's English way "licence". "License" is a verb .:nanner2:

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Industrial Velcro. Installed yesterday, after getting a ticket for no front plate a week or so ago.

ed
oww... sucks - was wondering how long that would take, i managed to talk my way out of one- did you have the plate "on you", i keep mine behind the seat, so i at least "have it" -

oddly -CA requires front plate - but no stickers on the front plate - just the rear - so i think i will trim down my front plate - euro trash style, and rig up some kinda mount onto the tow hook bracket or something, maybe Ed's velcro.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts