The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thx for all the help on the RCA wiring, not I'm trying to find a way to run a hot lead from battery to the back OF THE seat. Main reasoning is a short clear power source that is not fused that I can fuse myself. Too many troubles fooling with blown fuses and 22-24 gauge wires that melt.

If you have a suggestion of a known hot lead near by I could consider but I prefer my own wire. Again, I don't see any paths from trunk to engine bay through the firewall. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Ok, now I'm trying to find a way to run a hot lead from battery to the back seat.
What kind of Lotus do you have?:shrug:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
oops I figured the Elise section was good enough. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Either via the sill panels or follow the shift cables. Both routes can be seen clearly after you pull the undertray off.

NOTE. If only to behind the seats shift cables should be good. Sill panels open up near the dash.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that was more of a joke as to what kind of Elise has a backseat...
ah, didnt catch that. I see he made it bold now. I meant "to the back of the seat"

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The best way to route them in where the main wire bundle goes in (near the fuel pump). The wires go up and over the tank, which means that the tank needs to come out. Then they exit out and go under the shifter assembly. Clearly if one is replacing the fuel tank it is easy and a good thing to do then...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts