The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have TC, if you could choose to put the switch anywhere including leaving it in the stock location, where would you place it?

Underlying this question is do you think your leg ever hits the TC switch in the stock location when your driving?

·
Registered
815 Posts
The stock location is just fine for me. Never had any issues.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Stock location.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
In the last two track days I've managed to turn off the traction control with my leg a few times... so I'd be tempted to say on the steering column, maybe where the adjustable TC is on the '08 cars...

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Stock is fine for me...

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So 4 stocks, 1 steering column and 1 trash.

I wonder about putting it in the same as stock location but on the passenger side instead. Other places I was thinking about were on the front of the console near the lock button or on top of the thin portion of the console under the front part of the parking brake handle.

I would definitely put it on the steering column if it was variable TC control that I was adding. I wonder if there is a way to do that yet... ahem *cough* charlie *cough*

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the trash. It simply weighs too muchrotfl
I can shave off what little hair I have left to make up for the weight of this switch that would be added. My car already has the wiring/harness in place from the factory. But for your car (or what's left of it that is), the switch might actually double the interior weight all by itself ;).

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I can shave off what little hair I have left to make up for the weight of this switch that would be added. My car already has the wiring/harness in place from the factory. But for your car (or what's left of it that is), the switch might actually double the interior weight all by itself ;).
To be fair my car didn't come with TC:D., I have already shaved off most of my hair and keep trying to figure how to become skinny again but it is to no avail..:shrug:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I would keep it on the shift base but move it to the other side of the hazard switch. I hit it with my leg all the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts