The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around, I'm seeing the same cars on the market as a month ago. Did everyone decide to garage theirs for the winter?

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
A ggod Lotus is like a good woman... its cheaper to keeper!!:p

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Because those same ones have been for sale for months, and the sellers do not get it.

The reasonably prices ones go fast.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because those same ones have been for sale for months, and the sellers do not get it.

The reasonably prices ones go fast.
You may be right. I know of two that are local that sat idle all summer. Now they're going to sit out in the cold and snow all winter. What a terrible way to treat such a car.

·
Registered
760 Posts
That's the good and bad thing about these cars, the cyclicality of their resale. You either score one for a great deal or stare at the same dreamers asking for a fortune.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
As the cars get older I believe you will find more go to people with other Lotus cars. There are quiet a few people with multiple Lotus.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts

·
3Xtothe0[]
489 Posts
Sellers will be back in the spring but don't expect too many lower prices,
any good deals will be scooped up very, very quickly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sellers will be back in the spring but don't expect too many lower prices,
any good deals will be scooped up very, very quickly.
By the spring, I'll be so antsy to buy an Elise, sellers will see me coming and jack up the price by another 5k. :)

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
By the spring, I'll be so antsy to buy an Elise, sellers will see me coming and jack up the price by another 5k. :)
What are you looking for in an Elise and what's your budget?

·
Registered
64 Posts
People posting their cars for high prices because all the sellers are trying to drive up the prices so they don't generally sell that fast and they are still consumed by the high inflated and unrealistic prices of summer, while people who sell for a more realistic price get theirs sold quickly. But with falling demand as we enter Fall and finally Winter. Also some people are probably waiting to see what happens with Lotus as a company so that may be slowing down total transactions all together. Too many people realize that buying a lotus is sort of like playing the lottery in a way, if you are patient enough you can save yourself a few thousand dollars. Besides these are toys for most people, so many don't mind waiting months to find the right car for the right price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What are you looking for in an Elise and what's your budget?
Living in Colorado, the Elise market is dead right now. I'd love to have the opportunity to drive something locally rather than take a chance on a car that's in Florida, fly out there, and then be disappointed. There was a silver Elise that made its way onto Craigslist back in the middle of October but its not available And it might have been a scam, anyway. Who knows.

I'd like an unaltered, base model Elise that hasn't been driven to death. Seems that the asking prices from dealerships across the country is around 30-32k which is in my budget (barely) According to many people on the forum, 28-30k is a good price from an individual seller which is more in line with my finances.

But...there aren't any around here, and more and more people seem to be putting theirs away for the winter.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts