The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

where's my color code, 2006 Elise

13K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  upsala36 
#1 ·
Hi, anyone know where I can find my paint color code. Not seeing it on the driver door area. Please let me know if you know...thanks

#5 ·
Hello, some rock chips have developed....wanted to address them. I'm simply looking for the paint code listed on my vehicle, but I'm not finding it. I found the VIN, tire pressure, and weight information on my door sill...but no paint code. My Lotus is Red by the way. Thanks

#6 ·
There were 3 reds in 2006.

Ardent Red was the most popular and is just a solid red color. Paint code B94 and is the first attached photo.

Canyon Red was less popular and is a darker red. It also has a metallic effect. Paint code B117 and can be seen on the right in the second attached photo (the red on the left is Ardent Red), and in the third picture.

Chili Red is the last red out of the three. It is actually an Ardent Red with gold metallic that makes the paint have an orange effect in direct sunlight. Best photos of Chili Red I know of are here. Paint code B118.

Attachments

#9 ·
Odd that the paint code isn't on your car (it's upside down on the inside of the driver's side sill, iirc).

#13 ·
Just checked in my Elise - it's upside down on the rear of the driver's side sill/chassis member, where the seat is when it's nearly all the way back. You'd see it if it's there.

#12 ·
If you have a pic on photobucket or something similar you can just insert the image.

If you have issues PM me and I'll give you my email address. You can then send me the pic(s) and I'll post them for you.

San

#17 ·
Same place on a 2006!

#18 ·
I have a 2006 Sport Elise that the paint code is B106 (Saffron Yellow). I am seriously stumped though on the racing stripes running down the car center. I've narrowed down to Storm Titanium but there are 2 codes associated with this color B98 & B121. Can anyone give me advice on the paint code for the racing stripes?

#19 ·
I can't find answer but you might stop by a high end auto bodyshop and have them use their spectrophotometer to give you a better clue.

#21 ·
Excellent and now it will be searchable for all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.