The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,
Anyone know where Randy is? Haven't seen any posts by him since the engine was announced.
Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Back. Nice to be missed. :)

The 8th place finish was a disappointment. A couple of things contributed to that. One, we were the fastest car in the class running with 5 tires. We forgot to remove the 40 pound Kumho rain tire from the front of the car. As you know, the race is won and lost in small increments of time.

Also, I now think the Toyota MR-2 Spyder just can't outrun the 99 Sport Miata. I was the fastest Spyder on the last day, and that was still a ways back from the fastest Miatas.

Lastly, I could have driven better.

On to next year..... no more C-Stock I think. No more Spyder. Now it's the Elise and F125 shifter karts.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Randy, will you teach me to drive? LOL. You're still this board's hero!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great job Randy at nationals. I managed 20th out there in a 10AE miata - you guys are too fast :)

I'm #2 on the dallas waiting list.
looking forward to how SCCA places the elise.

lata

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
Actually, there are acouple people on this board that did better than Randy ;-)

But he's still my hero...
:)

But did they do it in a borrowed car only driven once before, that required setup tuning Saturday night at the ProSolo? Did they do it in a car where the car owner left the rain tire under the hood?

I didn't think so... :p

Seriously, I did only okay, not very good and way lower than I expected (top 3 finish). CS is a tough class. Look at how Jason Uyeda did (19th).

Chris, I wish I would have been able to say hi. Or did we talk? It's a blur now.

Pat Salerno has an Elise on order also.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Randy Chase said:
:)

But did they do it in a borrowed car only driven once before, that required setup tuning Saturday night at the ProSolo? Did they do it in a car where the car owner left the rain tire under the hood?

I didn't think so... :p

Well, I was the tire warmer for a now 3-time National Champion, so 2nd was pretty much the best I could hope for :)
Oh, and something is wrong with the turbo. It's making boost very late. Steve guesses we're getting at most 300hp to the rear wheels - about 1/2 what the fastest BP Corvettes have...

Seriously, I did only okay, not very good and way lower than I expected (top 3 finish). CS is a tough class. Look at how Jason Uyeda did (19th).

I wasn't happy with my Thursday performance, I threw away my last run which left me nearly 7/10ths back from Herrick after the first day. Fortunately, I did okay Friday, beating him by almost 2 seconds to clinch 2nd place.

Pat Salerno has an Elise on order also.

Uh oh...

BTW - Imp who posts here is really Keith Casey, the new STX national champion driving a WRX wagon. I'm sure he'll be commenting here soon, once his head shrinks back to normal size :)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Robert, congrats on your 2nd place trophy!

Next up.... I have been asked to drive a Sport Compact Car Unlimited Street Car Showdown car. A 500+hp Turbo MR2 on a track. In 2 weeks. I have no idea which track.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts