The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to drive on the "dragon" on my way home and idk where it is or what road it is really called.. any info would be great

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I highly recommend that you enjoy your drive on the Tail of the Dragon whilst staying on your side of the road.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Ignore the hype. It's just a long straight boring road with no scenery somewhere in south Florida...

Then again, it might as well be for all the tourists that have ventured in and spoiled it.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
do it on a weekday. weekends are not a good time

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If you want to run the Dragon there is a simple process. Pull in, stop at the overlook, hand your license and insurance card to the revenue enhancer, then go ahead and take your run. Between the tourists and the accidents, the place is crawling with revenue enhancers every day, yes, including the week. Why so many people with less than 3 months of riding time, often still with the 20-day tags on their bikes, think they need to come ride this road... :(

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Man that guy is MORE than halfway over the yellow. There should be a license to shoot at will, since he could just as easily take someones life in the same flash.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Just came back through the Triangle after grabbing some Brushy Bugers today. Lots of gravel in some places and during the week they are doing some ditch work which is bringing up lots of dirt/mud on the road for short stretches. Just take it easy the first time until you know what to look for.

Also, if it happens to be raining, there are some trees that dropped a lot of berries at the tops of cresting turns. In the dry they are no problem, but in the wet it's like instant black ice.

Traffic has been pretty light overall the last two days (was there on a bike all day yesterday and in the Lotus this afternoon)

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
And he did that on EVERY turn the whole 11 miles. :mad:He refused to pull over and let me by making me even later for dinner than I already was.:mad::mad:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I'm thinking if you own a computer, have been on LT for 19 months and have over 300 posts....

AND.....you don't know where it is, what it's called or how to find it, maybe you shouldn't drive it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts