The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice Randy hasn't posted since 7pm ish on the 31st!

Conspiracy theorists project Randy has picked up his car and is busy driving it around with no time to visit here! ;)

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
blasphemy! If he was in fact picking up his car, he knows we fully request a full writeup and pictures, posted via WAP on his handheld, WHILE at the dealership.

Hopefully he did get the car! He's been waiting longer than I have, and I've waited long enough! ;)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
He flew out of town on the 31st, will be back late Tuesday.

Has it gotten bad enough that a one day absense is noted? Heh..

I don't expect to be online much myself between Delivery and First Service. :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think Randy went to a wedding in the Pacific Northwest. I don't think he's gotten his car yet.

Bob

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Nope,
he's just under 48 hour observation at the SD mental health facility, you all have sent him over the edge I believe!!!:D

Please it's just a joke!
Chris

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think he was last seen heading for Mexico with a new hair color, 4 cell phones, $10,000 in cash, and a box of milk duds.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
zOOmz said:
That wedding thing is a subterfuge. I saw him hawking thongs down on Broadway... He must really need the $$$$

;) hehe
Rats, I should have though of that. :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
There does seem to be someone moving threads from this board to others today, including to the "Land of Misfit Threads". Someone other than Randy must have that capability?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
X000000101 said:
There does seem to be someone moving threads from this board to others today, including to the "Land of Misfit Threads". Someone other than Randy must have that capability?
Well, if you people would just post in the right forum in the first place...! :p

I've been pretty busy lately moving threads around. Don't think that just because Randy's gone, you can post anything, anywhere. ;)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Yikes. My own thread! :)

For what it's worth, EliseTalker Andrew was married yesterday to his much better half Lisa, who is very excited about being able to autocross the new Elise. She is in Albany New York doing her medical program.

We flew up to Portland and spent some time there (Westin... just okay) and down in a nice Bed and Breakfast in Eugene (Cambell House, very nice).

Glad to be back.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Randy Chase said:

For what it's worth, EliseTalker Andrew was married yesterday to his much better half Lisa, who is very excited about being able to autocross the new Elise. She is in Albany New York doing her medical program.

We flew up to Portland and spent some time there (Westin... just okay) and down in a nice Bed and Breakfast in Eugene (Cambell House, very nice).

Glad to be back.
No problem. Feel free to abandon your flock whenever the mood strikes you.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
So where's your car, Randy. And what's going on with all the west coast ships that should have unloaded by now?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yes, Randy, whats the latest on your car? I thought you were supposed to have it by now? Was it on the boat that was supposed to unload last weekend?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
We should have the COM talk to those dock workers. My dealer CO demo car had a ten day delay getting through port.:p

·
Registered
970 Posts
Randy Chase said:

Glad to be back.
Randy, so you were in my backyard huh?...how did you like Portland and Eugene???...you should have hooked up with us Oregonians.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
mact3333 said:
Randy, so you were in my backyard huh?...how did you like Portland and Eugene???...you should have hooked up with us Oregonians.
As I understand it, most everyone in Oregon and Washington moved there to get away from California(ns). ;)

Why would you risk recontamination?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Some mixed feelings about Oregon.

Portland is nice in some ways. Very diverse and hip. You can see all kinds of little details of things that have been done, that didn't need to be done, but stuff that makes the city nicer. Hanging flowers for example. The bubblers with water running continuously seemed odd to me. Is that continuous fresh water? Wow... spring fed? Seems funny to me, coming from water-conserving SoCal.

Portland was also not as good in that the streets seemed too skinny with cars on both sides. I always felt constrained driving around. Perhaps mainly a reflection of the older areas. A bit too many people for me. Mainly a reflection of me, but I was not comfortable with all the street people around. I am a suburban at heart. :)

Loved Powell's Books. I got lost there a number of times.

Portland has a LOT of coffee places and to my surprise, a lot of sausage. I expected the coffee, not the sausages.

Eugene was nice. Much smaller of course and more space. Still ate sausages every day at the Bed & Breakfast. Funny it seemed there was not an option for ham, bacon.... it was just assumed you liked sausages.

People I met in Oregon were just great. More friendly than most places. I think it's because they don't pay sales tax. :)

Odd to not pump my own gas. I did not care for that, though gas was cheap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts