The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there was a white Exide, was there another battery that came stock? My car has a black Interstate Megatron II in it I believe, anyone else get that one?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I have an o6 and it came with a Megatron II, but I replaced that with as PC625.
The Megatron II is in the MG.. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an o6 and it came with a Megatron II, but I replaced that with as PC625.
The Megatron II is in the MG.. :)
Did that Megatron come in your car from the showroom floor? I heard that ALL Elises were loaded on the boat from England with only the white Exide battery but it seems like a bunch of owners here have the black Interstate which is a "acceptable substitute".

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
isnt this a repost? ;)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it's not as far as I know. I found a thread for which battery currently resides in your boot which is pretty much all the aftermarket ones.

I need to find out which battery that Lotus shipped in their cars from UK to the US and if you have a black Megatron II if it was port or dealer installed or came in the car from the UK.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
No it's not as far as I know. I found a thread for which battery currently resides in your boot which is pretty much all the aftermarket ones.

I need to find out which battery that Lotus shipped in their cars from UK to the US and if you have a black Megatron II if it was port or dealer installed or came in the car from the UK.
Yeah I was just going over the other thread and it has nothing about this battery

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So did any of you guys actually get this POS Megatron II when you bought the car new or did everyone get an Exide? I know that Lotus dealers in the US substitute the Exide with the Interstate per Lotus but I need to know if any of the Interstates were in the car from new/showroom floor.

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
In my 2005 I have the white Exide which is only available in Europe, therefore I deduce it was installed in UK.
The black battery, which is prone to leaking has no obvious make on it.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
When the leaking Euro black battery was replaced in my '05 by the dealer, they replaced it with the Interstate shown in the photo in the second post..

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so most you guys that have the black Interstate had it done at a dealer under warranty etc when the original one (either white exide or black generic) died? But no one got a black interstate from the factory?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have my stock battery in my basement from my 06 Exige, I'll have to look at what it is. It's black and not shown in any of the photos so far in this thread.
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, I talked to a former engineer at Interstate. That battery was not available in Europe so it must have been installed as a factory approved replacement if you have one. Thanks for all the information guys.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
If the US replacement for the Exide battery is the larger Interstate, what does Lotus recommend for the cover/manual-tool pouch holder?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts