1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
33 Posts
Radium Engineering makes a beautiful, well engineered piece that looks right at home in the engine bay of my Exige. Not cheap, but worth it to me.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Yeah get the radium or saiko muchi or sector. Just remember to check it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Saikou Michi catch cans, very good quality.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I like the Radium not only because it's beautiful but it's also very practical.
You can have an optional spigot or whatever it's called to flush the oil out and there is a tiny little dipstick that you can easily remove to check the amount of oil in the cans.
Like someone else said, not cheap but well worth the investment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, Radium or Saikou. Would any of those make the Woshhh Sound When shifting ?

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Not sure if you understand what a catch can does. No no woosh sound. That would come from a blow off valve in a turbo application. Nothing to do with catch cans. The catch cans provide an intermediate step between pcv valve and breather vent on valve cover where hot oil vapor can condense before reaching the throttle body.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the Engineering Of the Radium, but $$$.
The Saikou is in my budget range, but how to drain the oil ? Through the bottom ?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have a saiku michi can. Pretty decent and collects a decent amount of oil. Draining can be a pain sometimes since you'll have to unmount it to a certain extent, but you don't do it often so not a big deal. It's like changing the air filter on these cars lol

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,603 Posts
Mine came with the Saikou catch cans. I check them every 6 months or so. I get about 1/6 full more or less. I have also taken off entire intake including SC chasing carbon deposits. It's an OCD thing...

Catch cans def worth it. I try to imagine what my intake would have looked like with that much oil coating everything... No idea if performance would be impacted or not ? Maybe so when you think about your inter cooler having all that in it too ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
This thread inspired me to research some more - I had not seen it before but loved the Radium design. I asked them to send me the email instructions so I could see what was involved in the install. They responded to my request right away. After reviewing the instructions, and examining the design I went with the Radium catch cans - they will be here Tuesday if all goes well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts