The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about powder coating the stock rims on my ardent red elise.

Whick would look the best, flat black or glossy black?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Depends on the rest of the car. I think if you go black rims, you also need to have black fuel filler door and black diffuser. I'd go gloss black on rims and fuel door and matte black on the diffuser.

Carbon grey is also a very nice option.

Anything but purple and yellow! :)

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Depends on the rest of the car. I think if you go black rims, you also need to have black fuel filler door and black diffuser. I'd go gloss black on rims and fuel door and matte black on the diffuser.
:)
I think Swinglo hit the nail on the head!

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Flat for sure

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Flat black! Gloss black rims will look splotchy when dusty, dusty flat black rims will still look like flat black rims. Both my kid's Elise and mine have Flat black rims so I have some experience in this issue.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I have "satin black" monolites..not quite gloss not quite flat..I find them covered in brake dust rapidly more often than not with my car..

I think super gloss will be too much, it'll clash with the black trim. I agree on the black diffuser (I painted mine) but disagree on the gas cap..I have the factory aluminum and think it looks good. If you paint it black it looks almost plastic to me from afar..

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I have "satin black" monolites..not quite gloss not quite flat..I find them covered in brake dust rapidly more often than not with my car..

I think super gloss will be too much, it'll clash with the black trim. I agree on the black diffuser (I painted mine) but disagree on the gas cap..I have the factory aluminum and think it looks good. If you paint it black it looks almost plastic to me from afar..
Agreed....SATIN, not really flat.
+1 :up: Just had one done in satin and it looks so much better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts