The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which dealerships currently have actual cars for sale that were either "extra" allocations, customer cars that were turned down/unwanted, or a demo?

If you don't want to post your response publicly, feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I sure hope you are not willing to pay over market price for a car. This whole situation reminds me of another current problem witht he oil markets. A small segment of the goods (cars) are for sale on the open market and that small minority sets the price for the entire market. This kind of thing is a little upsetting to me. I would check with Overseas in Dallas, they seem to have no problem overcharging people. :no: . When did you get on a list anyway? Do you have a hgh place in line (not that that seems to matter so much), or was there a problem with you dealership? Just curious.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not on a list anywhere, a list won't bring a car in by our September 18th BBBS charity event (see other threads on the subject) - therefore, if we are to get a car it will most likely be at or over MSRP from some dealer that has an extra car - OR - someone who doesn't want their car and sells us their spot or actual car as the case may be. I've had contact with individuals that fit into the latter category, but I"m also wondering what our dealership options might be. I know FVM had an extra car but they've already sold it, and the Atlanta dealership just sold their demo car, so that option is out too. Hence my asking which dealerships around the country actuall have cars for sale vs. spots.

FWIW the dealership I would have secured a spot with changed hands and things there have blown up, so that wouldn't have helped me anyway...

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Later Apex said:
Not on a and the Atlanta dealership just sold their demo car, so that option is out too.

excuse me???? LOA sold the demo car??? surely you gest

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Later, who told you LOA sold there demo?<<<

Unconfirmed rumour is that Valenti (CT) sold their Ti Silver / Black demo car. I emailed them - no comment...

Stan

·
Registered
340 Posts
Stan said:
>>>Later, who told you LOA sold there demo?<<<

Unconfirmed rumour is that Valenti (CT) sold their Ti Silver / Black demo car. I emailed them - no comment...

Stan
I don't think so, I called Bill yesterday and setup a test drive for this Saturday.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told that the Chrome Orange LSS demo car at LOA has been sold. I am not in Atlanta so I cannot verify that statement, perhaps someone who is local can?

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>I don't think so, I called Bill yesterday and setup a test drive for this Saturday.<<<

Oh good. I got some PM about that though. Didn't see it there when I took a look at the BRP customer car that came in the other day either. Bill didn't comment on it but did on other things when I asked him about it and some other stuff via email.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Could it be that the car that "Later" is referring to is from LCU and not LOA and is the car that Randy is taking cross country?

·
Registered
9 Posts
As of last Friday, Downtown Jag/Lotus of Mpls had one "extra" car for sale. I don't know the color or option package. Mark-up was reportedly 10K over sticker which is the dealership's estimation of "market value."

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
azstar said:
Could it be that the car that "Later" is referring to is from LCU and not LOA and is the car that Randy is taking cross country?
I think that would be closer. Only one dealer has sold a demo and it's not LOA.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think Prestige Imports has an Aubergine Purple Elise for Sale. I drove by on Saturday and it was in there outside showroom. They also have the Saffron that I saw with touring pack. They might have sold the Saffron.

Expect to pay somewhere near 60K for the car they have for sale

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I knew Prestige had the yellow car, but it has tan interior (ugly IMHO), but I didn't know they had a purple car. Hmmm could you tell in your drive by whether it was an LSS car or not?

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Just don't tell them that you need it for a charity event. They'd likely raise the price if they sensed your desperation.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey I have a figure in mind that I would be willing to pay depending on color, options, etc. and if a dealer wants more than that, well tough, they ain't gettin' it from me. I have options on other cars as well, both a new GT3 and a 40th anniversary edition 911 are being pushed my way real hard right now. :)

Oh, I was also told by one dealer that Fox Valley has called several other dealers and offered them 6K over MSRP for any extra cars they have. Can't speak to the veracity of that statement only repeating what I've been told by another dealer. Considering FVM got a car out of Florida this could well be true.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Later Apex said:
Hey I have a figure in mind that I would be willing to pay depending on color, options, etc. and if a dealer wants more than that, well tough, they ain't gettin' it from me. I have options on other cars as well, both a new GT3 and a 40th anniversary edition 911 are being pushed my way real hard right now. :)

Oh, I was also told by one dealer that Fox Valley has called several other dealers and offered them 6K over MSRP for any extra cars they have. Can't speak to the veracity of that statement only repeating what I've been told by another dealer. Considering FVM got a car out of Florida this could well be true.
I doubt it very much. Ask Stan he has been calling everyone under the sun ( and probably some in other places as well :D ) and I'm sure the mark up over MSRP is no where large enough to warrant bying a car for 6k over and still hope to make a profit.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts