The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m trading in my ‘18 Evora 400 for a Range Rover, need some space this year. I have no real idea what it’s worth on a trade, not much market data to support. It’s a black/black Manual with the Carbon fiber package and the alcantara interior, 9200 miles. Any ideas guys? If they offer $70k on the trade is that good?

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Hey guys I’m trading in my ‘18 Evora 400 for a Range Rover, need some space this year. I have no real idea what it’s worth on a trade, not much market data to support. It’s a black/black Manual with the Carbon fiber package and the alcantara interior, 9200 miles. Any ideas guys? If they offer $70k on the trade is that good?
Let us know if they offer $70K. The dealer wants to get it as cheaply as possible. You'll net considerably more if you sell it yourself.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Having recently sold a 2017 with fewer miles (but no carbon fiber), I think that’s a pretty good (excellent?) trade-in value. Especially when you account for the lower taxes you will pay on new vehicle due to the trade-in.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s good to know guys. I appreciate those answers.

They offered $71.5k with some pushing. So that’s not too bad I didn’t think. I’m in TN btw. That could matter as we do have a nice Lotus dealership here.

After I do this Range Rover deal and get that setup then I have to start shopping for my Evora GT

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400, manual, white exterior with red leather pack
46 Posts
You did well. They paid you low retail based on my recent negotiations on two different ones and the one I finally purchased a week ago.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
That’s good to know guys. I appreciate those answers.

They offered $71.5k with some pushing. So that’s not too bad I didn’t think. I’m in TN btw. That could matter as we do have a nice Lotus dealership here.

After I do this Range Rover deal and get that setup then I have to start shopping for my Evora GT
With TN 7% sales tax that makes it more like $76.5

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Day 1 not driving the Lotus (which was my daily):

I feel like I went undercover. You get used to everyone looking at you in the Lotus. Now no ones looks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Day 1 not driving the Lotus (which was my daily):

I feel like I went undercover. You get used to everyone looking at you in the Lotus. Now no ones looks.
I feel you. I put mine on the delivery truck last weekend to a new owner. Driving around in an F150 now. For some reason I’m not the Most Interesting Man in the World anymore.

Reactions: dmyork78

·
Loves to talk
1,192 Posts
In case comps are wanted, this car just sold a few minutes ago on BAT for $70,800. I believe BAT also has a buyers fee, and of course, the car probably will need to be shipped. That was for a well equipped '17 with a KT 460 tune and 7K miles. So a 71.5K trade offers sounds good to me. The used Evora market is looking up. These cars couldn't crack $65K three years ago on BAT with no miles on them when offered by a dealer. Wait until they are discontinued.

I think the difference in sales prices for '17s vs. 18s will of course favor the newest car with lowest miles, but the delta between the two model years is going to remain quiet slim. There isn't really much to choose between them apart for CF available packages on the 18s, so what one 400 sells for should probably be comparable to another even if it is a later model year. I think these two can be compared directly, taking into account that one was sold at auction and the other traded, one had CF, the other an expensive KT upgrade.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I feel you. I put mine on the delivery truck last weekend to a new owner. Driving around in an F150 now. For some reason I’m not the Most Interesting Man in the World anymore.
Too funny. You got me.

I’m in a Range Rover dude! You disappear, even in that. I was checking out Kawasaki Green GT’s this morning to maybe get over the summer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In case comps are wanted, this car just sold a few minutes ago on BAT for $70,800. I believe BAT also has a buyers fee, and of course, the car probably will need to be shipped. That was for a well equipped '17 with a KT 460 tune and 7K miles. So a 71.5K trade offers sounds good to me. The used Evora market is looking up. These cars couldn't crack $65K three years ago on BAT with no miles on them when offered by a dealer. Wait until they are discontinued.

I think the difference in sales prices for '17s vs. 18s will of course favor the newest car with lowest miles, but the delta between the two model years is going to remain quiet slim. There isn't really much to choose between them apart for CF available packages on the 18s, so what one 400 sells for should probably be comparable to another even if it is a later model year. I think these two can be compared directly, taking into account that one was sold at auction and the other traded, one had CF, the other an expensive KT upgrade.
I thought $71.5k was pretty good, plus the tax savings on $71.5k on the trade-in made the value quite a bit higher to me, not to mention the time saved on the conveniences of trading it in. It sounded like they had a local buyer already the day I brought it in there.

·
Loves to talk
1,192 Posts
I agree.
I thought $71.5k was pretty good, plus the tax savings on $71.5k on the trade-in made the value quite a bit higher to me, not to mention the time saved on the conveniences of trading it in. It sounded like they had a local buyer already the day I brought it in there.
I think you did very well all things considered.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts