The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! any idea which Exhaust is sound great for an elise. I think i'm gonna get Larini or Agray?
your advice will be appreciate.rotfl

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
stage 2 rocks but is a little droney at lower RPM cruising, so if you're driving this often (daily?) then I wouldn't get it.

The 2 you mentioned are more of a SCREAM than a ROAR at high RPMs, and less droney in the low RPMs.

Try doing a search for video clips of each exhaust!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Just look at the car I have...you want it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
stage 2 rocks but is a little droney at lower RPM cruising, so if you're driving this often (daily?) then I wouldn't get it.

The 2 you mentioned are more of a SCREAM than a ROAR at high RPMs, and less droney in the low RPMs.

Try doing a search for video clips of each exhaust!
Thx.I will use in the city.but ido like Larini.Hope it's fine.

·
Registered
606 Posts
You will be fine with the Larini. It's nearly the same as stock at idle and opens the car up as it should be on the upper rev ranges. I've switched to a VonHep with a 2bular decat for something a little different, but with the winter in full force here, I have yet to experience it. I have yet to hear the VonHep with a decat, so I'll be sure to make a sound clip of it and have it added to our exhaust thread. BTW, I had the SE tips on my Larini. It's a very nice looking set-up when adjusted properly. The units with the welded on tips that Sector111 are now selling are a definite plus!

- Allen.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will be fine with the Larini. It's nearly the same as stock at idle and opens the car up as it should be on the upper rev ranges. I've switched to a VonHep with a 2bular decat for something a little different, but with the winter in full force here, I have yet to experience it. I have yet to hear the VonHep with a decat, so I'll be sure to make a sound clip of it and have it added to our exhaust thread. BTW, I had the SE tips on my Larini. It's a very nice looking set-up when adjusted properly. The units with the welded on tips that Sector111 are now selling are a definite plus!

- Allen.
Can you send me the picture of your Exhaust? Thx for your help.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
...I've switched to a VonHep with a 2bular decat
- Allen.
Can a decat cause a check engine lights? Is the car street legal with this setup?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think its all personal perspective...zzzz... There are a bunch of videos on this forum showing the sounds of exhausts.

Goodluck

-Andre

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maintainance Cost?

hi! Any one know how much for maintainance cost.Service need to be complete every 3500miles,right?
THX

Spercial Thanks! to The_Bishop:bow:

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Von Hep, hands down.

I drive on the freeway a lot so I picked up The _Bishop's Larini exhaust. It has a more raspy sound but doesn't drone on the freeway.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts