The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Has anyone noticed the leather in these cars always looks worn and a little cheap? I don't recall seeing a single interior pic that made me want the leather option.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,105 Posts
The first pic has one problem, the leather interior is only available with the Touring Pack option (which include power windows). Note the manual window cranks.

This car was at the LA Auto Show. Lotus told us that they had not yet finalized the interior specification - hence the window winder discrepency. BTW: Red interior is also only available with the Touring option.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
and should look pretty good in storm titanium or graphite gray

·
Registered
186 Posts
I hope we get the blue backlit dash. I'm tired of amber. Never been a fan of the color in cars. But from what I hear we're supposedly getting an amber backlit dash. :(

·
Registered
866 Posts
amcmahon said:
I hope we get the blue backlit dash. I'm tired of amber. Never been a fan of the color in cars. But from what I hear we're supposedly getting an amber backlit dash. :(
I couldn't agree more. As much as I hate Mustangs, the new mustang is supposed to have three backlights to choose from to suit personal tastes. Once again, I wish Lotus would have thought about what makes their car unique and stuck to it. The blue backlight is increadible, and even if it is not as easy to read as amber, it is important that the car itself is not as easy to get in and out of and anything currently sold in North America.

The dash color is one reason why I have grown tired of BMW. They have used the same shade of amber for almost 20 years, and their dash layout has hardly changed. The Lotus was meant to be unique, and nothing is more unique then the blue layout. Hopefully there will be a way to swap out the Us version for an Australian 111R display for a resonable price.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
They use the Amber/Red because it is proven to cause the least amount of strain on the eye.

My opinion, I HATE the blue/purple lite consoles. Blue is hard to read and it looks riced out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So it looks like the US will get the interior shown in the first picture provided youhave ordered the Touring Package (of which you get power windows). That is a bummer since I really liked the interior shown on the 2nd picture (carpet up the side rails, blue backlight, dashboard and shifter). Any idea on what country get's this interior or if it is a custom job???

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Curious, other than the blue vs amber, what do you like more about the second picture?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
heatmiser said:
So it looks like the US will get the interior shown in the first picture provided youhave ordered the Touring Package (of which you get power windows). That is a bummer since I really liked the interior shown on the 2nd picture (carpet up the side rails, blue backlight, dashboard and shifter). Any idea on what country get's this interior or if it is a custom job???
Fed touring pack has carpets that come up the sides like the 2nd photo - see photo from car at recent WCLM.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
heatmiser said:
SThat is a bummer since I really liked the interior shown on the 2nd picture (carpet up the side rails, blue backlight, dashboard and shifter). Any idea on what country get's this interior or if it is a custom job???
The second one is from an European S2 with the K-series engine and it seems to have the Sports-Tourer option package which adds the carpets and the leather seats.

Other than that it's pretty much the standard interior/dash of the EU versions.

It's one of the later models as it has A/C (introduced somewhere around 3rd quarter 2002).

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The nice thing about the 2nd pic is the soft touch material on the dash. Is that velour? It really looks more expensive than the hard plastic in the first picture.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The interior of the first car is from the LA Show Car. It is not the interior coming to the US. Contact David Bruski at 425-562-1000 if you have questions. He will be glad to help.

Or better yet, come see the car at our showroom, sorry but this car cannot be driven. (Too bad for all of us)

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Mean TT said:
The Lotus was meant to be unique, and nothing is more unique then the blue layout.
No, a Lotus is meant to be functional. It may be unique, but it doesn't need to be "riced" to be unique. The blue is hard on the eyes. The red/amber is much easier on the eyes (although I prefer old fashioned green).

A Lotus is supposed to be optimized for the driver's driving experience, not just to look good...:no:

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
nj1266 said:
The nice thing about the 2nd pic is the soft touch material on the dash. Is that velour? It really looks more expensive than the hard plastic in the first picture.
it's alcantara

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yup. And originally intended to be color-coded with the interior and the door-panels.

But It turned out that anything else than black caused too much reflection in the windscreen for it to pass type-approval regulations, so all cars got a black dash top.

Base cars and race-tech got alcantara, while sports-tourers got a more suede like leather, but it's hard (pretty much impossible) to tell them apart without very close inspection.

Bye, Arno.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts