The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if we had this info in our data banks....

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At one point, she drove the Elan Roadster, but I'm thinking it was the one with the permanent funky window frames. Or was it the one without the frames. And what the heck was Steed driving?

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
And her successor, Tara, drove an Europa.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
At one point, she drove the Elan Roadster, but I'm thinking it was the one with the permanent funky window frames. Or was it the one without the frames. And what the heck was Steed driving?
I resemble that remark about Elan window frames ;).
They are actually quite useful/functional and look good, too, IMO.

Attachments

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet - i just think they look a bit funny with the windows down.....very cool car - jealous.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Check this link out of The Avengers, which are all a string of clips of Emma Peel and her Lotus. Also, if you want to see a rather famous Bentley, skip to 5:07, and watch her side-kick pull up:

Yes, it's an Elan, and I could only hope that the Elise looks as good 45 years from now as the Elan does in this clip.

vincesf

·
Registered
7,130 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Old thread, but for those interested in Mrs. Peel's Lotus...

Time for tea; Lotus Elan and Diana Rigg mash-up : Elan and Plus 2 Discussions

Two Elans were used in filming. The first was a white S2 DHC registered HNK 999C; the second was a blue S3 DHC registered DHC SJH 499D. The white S2 was used by a Lotus director after the series finished and subsequently dropped out of sight. The blue S3 was an exhibit at the Cars of the Stars Museum in Keswick, Cumbria, which closed in 2011; its current whereabouts is not known.
Really enjoyed the video. My, she seems to have something wrong with the steering! :)

I understood Tara also drove a Red Plus 2. I didn't realize it was only for one episode though.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Diana Rigg was hot....

In this pic, I see some Jessica Biel, maybe some Kate Mara and even some Kate Beckinsale.

Wanna feel weird and old though?

This hot babe in this photo?

She's 74 years old now...

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have the series box set...

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Check this link out of The Avengers, which are all a string of clips of Emma Peel and her Lotus. Also, if you want to see a rather famous Bentley, skip to 5:07, and watch her side-kick pull up:
Does it involve asking for Grey Pupon? :UK:

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Diana Rigg was hot....

In this pic, I see some Jessica Biel, maybe some Kate Mara and even some Kate Beckinsale.

Wanna feel weird and old though?

This hot babe in this photo?

She's 74 years old now...

It was Steed's birthday yesterday. Patrick MacNee is 91.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts