The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Here are the settings I use. roads around me are rough

front: 14 clicks rebound, 12 clicks compression
rear: 14 clicks rebound, 10 clicks compression

I originally had 12 clicks rebound on the rear, but when I installed the lighter LSS wheels I
increased the compression. The LSS wheels and Toyo R1R tires are 6 1/2 lbs. lighter, each!

I set things up by turning all the adjusters fully in and then counting the clicks while turning the adjusters out.
I'm sure you already know, but the rebound adjusters are on bottom of the shocks and the compression adjusters
are on the reservoirs. As I said these setting are a little soft for some, but I like on our crappy roads.
I increase the compression, about 2 less clicks, and increase rebound, about 4 more clicks, depending on
how bumpy the track is, when I track the car.
Hope that helps. I'm pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response.

I am looking for track setup as of now. Sebring specifically.
(Tomorrow)
Yoko Slicks with Rotas.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Depends on which set of Ohlins you have; I think there are 2-3 variants each with different spring rates / valving. Check the markings on your springs to tell which ones you have (the rates will be in Nm). That will determine which set of those instructions will work best for you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not with car as of now, but they are the Lotus Sport Ohlins that came with the car from the factory. O.E.M.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For rebound full hard is clockwise looking at the shock which way. I assume clockwise looking down from the top of the shock? Reason I ask is that in checking what the setting was from the factory on my 2011 S240 it was almost close to full soft which seemed backwards. Made we wonder whether I had the clockwise orientation correct.

·
Registered
548 Posts
hey, just wanted to ask/confirm. Is the ohlin from the track pack?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The adjustment on the shock is confusing for full hard. There is a pictoral that I used that has a yellow circular arrow demonstrating clockwise from the correct view.
The setup I used worked well with the corresponding spring rates.
I might have a touch too much toe in for the rear though. .16 deg each, not mm. The rear tucks, then grabs in its eagerness to turn in. Similar to my Tony Kart however. Might be better suited on a short track with several quick LRL or RLR's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok, after much internet searching I found a couple posts and pictures. As far as I can tell it's the opposite of what my thinking was. The direction of clockwise for rebound damping in the specs is from the reference point of looking up from the the end of the shock closest to the ground.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts