The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at replacing the Shifter and Gate cables in my quest for a better shifting experience in my Elise. The following two below in particular. Curious if anyone has any input on preference/experience. The main difference I can see at first glance is that the Sector111 cables are less costly but don't have the rubber boot or heat shielding at the transmission.

Monkey Wrench Racing / Simply Sports Cars

SSC Shifter Cable - Lotus Elise/Exige All - SSC-191978 van Simply Sports Cars - Monkeywrench Racing

Sector111

TRANScables Package

:shrug:

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
SSC.......I'm happy with them so far.

·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I have the SSC cable. It def feels more consistent in the resistance across of it's range of motion. The OEM felt like I would bind up or something when you first hit the gate of a gear if that makes any sence ?

What would the crossgate cable do in terms of feel ?

I already have :
  • Stan's mod
  • Sector 111 shifter reinforcer
  • Trans Elixir. ( GM syncromesh, Redline 90, flushed x2)
I am pretty happy with the shifting now. I just wonder if the crossgate would offer anything RE: feel of shifting ?

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,395 Posts

·
Banned
3,239 Posts
What would the crossgate cable do in terms of feel ?
In the grand scheme of things, probably not much. But, it is more positive...just like the shift cable. Granted, there is significantly less load going through the cross gate cable (and therefore less stretch in the cable), but I like having my stuff matching.

·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone tried the S111 cables? They seem to be a more cost-effective solution. Curious if there is much difference.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Sector cables do not work with LETSLA. At least the LETSLA version I have. AMHIK

·
Registered
362 Posts
We keep the LETSLA and the SSC cables in stock. They are not 100% compatible in standard form but as noted in the product description if you are combining these two products you just need to mention it in the comments field when ordering (even if you're just ordering one or the other) and we'll include the extra adapter pieces needed at no charge.

I love this combo. Much firmer and more precise than the terrible OEM stuff.

·
Less is Better
2,519 Posts
Instead of starting up a new thread, I'll just ask here. I've ordered a set of SSC shift cables (and a Shiftr111!) and downloaded the instructions from SSC on installation but they're mostly text. I'd like to have something more visual. Does anyone have a good source of instructions with pictures or a video?

BTW, the AUD is really weak right now, so the SSC cables from SSC directly are a relative bargain.

·
501 Posts
Not sure if it will help but this guy has a ton of great Elise DIY videos

1 - 16 of 16 Posts