The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I run these:
https://www.inokinetic.com/lotus/v2arms?rq=v2

Gain up to -1.6 degrees with this. I like to support the domestic businesses if possible. My track alignment is set at -2.2 front / -2.5 rear for R888 tires in stock sport pack sizes. Had to keep a few shims on there to "only" run -2.2.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Seems like most of these arms advertise "additional 2.5 degrees of camber" and only deliver 1.5 to 1.8 degrees extra.

Do any arms actually deliver >2.0 additional degrees?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,197 Posts
Seems like most of these arms advertise "additional 2.5 degrees of camber" and only deliver 1.5 to 1.8 degrees extra.

Yes, but only when cars are running low ride heights usually run on track-focused cars. Street car ride heights are not good for >2deg

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Yes, but only when cars are running low ride heights usually run on track-focused cars. Street car ride heights are not good for >2deg
Do you have a current recommendation on steering arms? The old arms you sold seem no longer available?

What kind of alignment and how much lower than stock LSS would you recommend for an aggressive street setup that is also occasionally driven to the track and back with no tire changes? I removed my front shims except the ABS bracket and although it tramlines a bit more, it seems to understeer less and feels more eager to turn in during autox. I had it measured and the front is only -.6 and -.8... How far is too far for the street, then?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts

I got -1.9~-2.3deg camber with Sector arms, which I then shimmed it back to something saner.
I think my ride height was 120/130mm. More track-focused people go lower.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I got -1.9~-2deg camber with Sector arms, which I then shimmed it back to something saner.
I think my ride height was 120/130mm. More track-focused people go lower.
Yeah - so, that's my point. I'm looking for arms that could yield -3.0 degrees and reduce bump steer (really just move steering link attachment down so I can increase 15" wheel backspacing, but hey - reducing bump steer is fine too). The Eliseparts arms advertise "Designed to offer up to 2.5 degrees more negative camber than the original steering arms", but it sounds like they only deliver -1.5 degrees of extra negative camber. I ran into the same issue with J's Racing camber joints on my S2000. Advertised 3 degrees additional negative camber and only produced 2 degrees.

Shinoo's v2 arms appear to be advertised correctly, stating -1.6 degrees more than stock, which sounds like it agrees with Forkmeupscotty's experience.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Yeah - so, that's my point. I'm looking for arms that could yield -3.0 degrees and reduce bump steer (really just move steering link attachment down so I can increase 15" wheel backspacing, but hey - reducing bump steer is fine too). The Eliseparts arms advertise "Designed to offer up to 2.5 degrees more negative camber than the original steering arms", but it sounds like they only deliver -1.5 degrees of extra negative camber. I ran into the same issue with J's Racing camber joints on my S2000. Advertised 3 degrees additional negative camber and only produced 2 degrees.

Shinoo's v2 arms appear to be advertised correctly, stating -1.6 degrees more than stock, which sounds like it agrees with Forkmeupscotty's experience.
We're kinda hijacking the thread here, but maybe aftermarket uprights might be the solution.. There's a kit to raise the steering rack, too if aftermarket arms don't reduce bump steer enough.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Yeah - so, that's my point. I'm looking for arms that could yield -3.0 degrees and reduce bump steer.
None of the arms will give you -3° without the natural negative camber that comes with lowering, even with all the shims removed. The only way you're getting -3° is to lower the car.

I got -2.8 out of the arms I have + no shims and lowering 17mm in the front, but I raised the car and added shims to get back to -2.2°.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Just for reference with my car about 20mm lower then stock I could only get about 2.2 degrees from the sector111 arms. To remedy this I had the uprights machined since there is a ton of meat to work with there. Now I need shims to have 3 degrees!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Just curious as to why some people think they need more than 2.5 degrees of camber in the front...

Are you tracking your car?

Using racing slicks?

Have you tried increasing the caster?

FWIW, I track a 2-Eleven with the factory (2-Eleven specific) upper A-arms which give me -2.0 degrees of camber.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Track yes, running r rubber, prob only need 2 degrees but want the option for more if I goto slicks
Have you maxed out the caster? FWIW, I'm not sure that more than 2 degrees (even with race slicks and stiffer springs) is going to be an improvement.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts