The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was told I have the sport pack, tech pack and a few more that are extras as well as I can see almost all of them but how can I tell if I have the standard 6 speed trans or the sport 6 speed which I was told I have the sport 6 speed?

first gear, second gear, third gear and forth gear seem very close but 5th and 6th seem more like overdrive gears. Would you think I have the sport trans as I was told or the standard trans? Is there another way to really know for sure?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ok, I was told I have the sport pack, tech pack and a few more that are extras as well as I can see almost all of them but how can I tell if I have the standard 6 speed trans or the sport 6 speed which I was told I have the sport 6 speed?

first gear, second gear, third gear and forth gear seem very close but 5th and 6th seem more like overdrive gears. Would you think I have the sport trans as I was told or the standard trans? Is there another way to really know for sure?
What does your window sticker say? I believe it should have the sports ratio transmission if equipped. For official info, lotus will provide and build sheet from the factory.

Certificate of Provenance | Lotus Cars

donour

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I thought all US spec cars got the "sport transmission" by default

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the car used, so no sticker but I'm working on a repalcement.

I will look next time I change the oil to see if I can see the CR on the tranny.

Does anyone have the standard trans? If so is first, second, third and forth gear really close with 5th and 6th more like a bit of a overdrive. Has anyone driven both trans to see the difference?

·
Registered
595 Posts
3,000rpm is about 83mph in 6th gear with a close-ratio box. If you're turning less than that at that speed in 6th, you have the other thing.

You almost surely have the CR box. The top two gears are pretty high at US highway speeds-- remember, your top speed is above 160mph. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all. Once I get the car back from getting the warranty work done I will check it out closer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts