The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says I've tried searching and I'm not sure which of the walbro 255 models works with our car or does it matter? There are 3 different part numbers GSS340,GSS341, and GSS342. I'm getting ready to supercharge my car and want to add a bigger fuel pump as well. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
And of course I find my answer right after I post. Oh well it appears to be the 342

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25/walbro-fuel-pumps-get-right-one-342-a-75243/
Yep, 342 fits (relatively) perfectly. You just need to trim the bottom part of the housing…make a little cut out.

They are also common in 90's Honda applications, so you can find them pretty cheap. You do not need to go to a Lotus specific parts place. I found one locally for $85 new from an import tuning shop.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I had one in my ol 97 Eclipse that I turbocharged many years ago. That thing worked fine in my car for over 13 years and was still going strong when I sold it. They're good little pumps.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Also, that screen (fuel pick up strainer) will not work in a Lotus tank with the OEM Toyota fuel level gauge...the arm will rest on top of the pick up and always show that you still have fuel. You need to buy the OEM (Toyota) pickup and use it.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Yep, 342 fits (relatively) perfectly. You just need to trim the bottom part of the housing…make a little cut out.

They are also common in 90's Honda applications, so you can find them pretty cheap. You do not need to go to a Lotus specific parts place. I found one locally for $85 new from an import tuning shop.
But when you do that, you also have to eliminate the fuel pump bottom, rubber cushion! I bet you it would be real loud and the vibration would "buzz" the $h!t out of that trimmed lower cap... Lotus makes a larger lower cap for the Cup260 cars that allows the use of that lower rubber cushion and makes the installation all right. :cool:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didnt know that about the cup260 cars having the larger lower cap. I'll check into getting one of those and probably a new sock/strainer

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had a Walbro 255 in my BOE surge tank. Noisy as he'll after a track day for a while. I have just fitted a 60 litre baffled tank from Elise-Shop. Saved 3kg and fitted an Aeromotive 300 and got rid of the surge tank and saved another 2kg and the pump has zero noise.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
I've changed out my fuel pump in my Cup260. The OEM pump is larger than all the other Exiges and Elises which I will call the "stock" pump. The Cup260 comes with a 190-l/hr pump. This 190-l/hr pump is longer than the "stock" pump. I also installed two short sections of "spacer sock" at the top and bottom of the Walbro pump. I don't know if the "Stock" pump is any quieter than the OEM Cup260 pump, But I would even say that with that spacer sock, the Walbro 255-l/hr pump is actually quieter...But I can't really tell any difference in noise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts