Votes: 90 56.3%
  • 2007 Exige S

Votes: 70 43.8%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a black or white poll with no gray zones (no pre-owned or other models) which is why there are only 2 choices. So, which would you choose if you were in the market. For this poll, let's make the following assumptions:

1) Both cars have sports and touring packages and the Elise SC has the hardtop.

2) Both cars discounted to $60,000 with the Exige obviously being discounted more.​

Also, here are some considerations:

A) Elise has better visibility to the Exige S would need a review more camera system;

B) Tuning potential. I suppose a Charlie tune could get the Exige S close to 240hp, while the lack of intercooler would make the Elise SC a little more challenging to modify.

C) 2008 has upgraded interior and wider rear wheels. I'm not sure if the Elise SC has the launch control though.

D) The Exige S' deep discount offset depreciation whereas the modest discount on the Elise SC (probably about $2K) means the Elise may take the biggest resale value hit in the near future.

E) Availability. Left over Exige S' are more available than Elise SC -probably for the next month or so. (Availabilty influences the discount amount so I need to factor this in also)​

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Elise SC.

Elise + hardtop looks better than Exige to me.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, this was suppose to be a poll with two choice. Unfortunately, I can't delete or modify. Could I moderator please help convert this to a poll with the choices being 2008 Elise SC or 2007 Exige S?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Im a fan of the looks of the Exige so I would say the Exige S. Rear visibility is really not a big problem even if you don't have a camera, just takes a bit of getting used to.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
For a car that will see substantial street time, the Elise SC. Comparable power levels, rear window, updated interior, and spiffy cool instrument cluster.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Elise, just because I think it looks better than an Exige. I could have bought either, I chose the elise from an aesthetics point of view. As you know performance can be gained in the after market

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Sorry, this was suppose to be a poll with two choice. Unfortunately, I can't delete or modify. Could I moderator please help convert this to a poll with the choices being 2008 Elise SC or 2007 Exige S?
ask the mods to add color choices to the poll also. -poke-

07 S. no question.

:D

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Exige S

·
Registered
799 Posts
Exige S for me.

From an aesthetic point of view I like the more aggressive look of the Exige.

I think the winglet on the back of the SC Elise absolutely kills its beautiful lines. Also don't like the wheels.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ask the mods to add color choices to the poll also. -poke-

07 S. no question.

:D
Funny thing is when I first started this, I thought of adding the Exige 240, then another option of waiting until August tilling the SC and 240 are more heavily discounted. Then, I figured some people would say get an '06 or '07 Elise and super or turbo charge it. Then, I realized some people would say get an pre-owned and mod it. Then, I thought of adding an option for "wait till there's more info about the Eagle". Around that time my nose started bleeding and my vison blurred ;) so I just limited it to the SC or '07 Exige S.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
AG- In your list of pros and cons, don't forget that with the '07 S you get a nearly non-functioning roof scoop that can't possibly supply that fancy IC resting on the engine with enough air to do anything productive. You also get more vehicle mass per dollar spent and an inefficient front splitter and rear wing that are clearly more form than function... Sounds like a good deal to me, go with the S:Drotfl

Good luck in your purchase!

Best,

Phil

PS- Sorry my S friends, I couldn't resist the -poke- -->flame suit on:D<--

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
PS- Sorry my S friends, I couldn't resist the -poke- -->flame suit on:D<--
It's O.K. Somebody needs to buy the hairdresser cars with the fake little vents on the back. :p-poke-

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Done...

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Tim for making this a poll. :)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dont forget, the Elise SC is faster than the Exige S. But the Exige S just looks better.
True but with the S, I was thinking of the Charlie-tune. :) And, that leads to one of my big questions about the Elise SC -> will it be as easy to tune with software upgrades and the Exiges with intercoolers?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
That is the golden question. What kind gains can be had with the new MP45 non intercooled setup. My vote is for the Elise SC though I would want the sport and touring pack and not sure how that fits in your cost equation. I suspect based on the price you already included both.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Exige S.

If you get the Exige, you'll never wish you had an Elise.

If you get the Elise, you'll always regret not getting the Exige.

At least that's the way I looked at it.

And you don't need a rear view mirror if you get multivex mirrors.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts