The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although could not run (break in thing :rolleyes: ) I did shoot a few pics for your entertainment...

Elise vs Mini:

and Elise vs WRX

Elise was quite the hit at the event...will be joining the fun at their next event in October :D

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
It's nice to scope out a place before ya run there..but ya coulda run after all. Just keep the revs and throttle openings down. You can experience the cornering and braking even though the motor is not yet ready to play. I did some "parade laps" in my Elise. It actually did quite well as there was a momentum type course that day.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately my competitive instincts take over>>>

When on a track or AutoX it is a all or none for me...just the way it is and so I torture myself and watch knowing if a give in to the urge I will run with the wind..and not make Ellen happy about my driving her car like that prior to break in...just know myself to well ;)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Was that a MB event? Parking lot looks surprisingly empty, lots of runs?

Stan, did you do one of the CART events?

Paul

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Stan, did you do one of the CART events? <<<

I've done CART many times with my red E30 M3. My son and I spectated a bit there this past Sunday as we were out for a drive in the Elise. Everyone loved the car. I'm not sure if I'll ever run it there though as the lot is the roughest I've experienced.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes...Mercedes event...

Snowphun said:
Was that a MB event? Parking lot looks surprisingly empty, lots of runs?

Stan, did you do one of the CART events?

Paul
Due to high demand now limiting to 55 cars for the day..more runs and less hurried atmosphere. The lot looks empty (assuming you mean the run area and not staging area) due to time I shot pic...testing and drivers meeting. It is a well run event and a great location...lot is almost new and smooth and big... I would like to see a group of us Elise folks attend and run..would be fun to see the crowd....just a thought
Michael

·
Registered
534 Posts
Stan said:
I've done CART many times with my red E30 M3.
Hmmm, pics of the M3 and Elise together? :)

The CART lot is almost unusable, though they run winter snowcrosses that are a good time. It seems in CT you can't be too picky with autocross lots else you won't be going anywhere.

Paul

·
Registered
178 Posts
BIG pictures

Nice pictures Yelotus. Us poor folk with dial-up/phone line modems would appreciate resampled/resized/reduced versions of your photos next time. They will still look great on the 'net, but will load in seconds instead of days . . . well, OK, several minutes. Thanks! And good luck upholding Lotus' honor in your upcoming cone jousts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts