The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am losing brake/clutch fluid and had to remove the front clam to troubleshoot. Are there any maintenance/upgrades to do while I'm in there? '11 S w/~22k miles. I'm thinking maybe it's a good time to change out the coolant, anything else? Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
Add a smaller mesh to the existing front mesh. This will prevent smaller rocks from chipping the AC condenser. You should check out MGB’s post on DIY Illustrated Guide to Replacing the AC Condenser.

·
Registered
944 Posts
The usual things posted on this forum. Do your horn replacement for louder horns, radiator replacement with an alloy radiator if you still have the factory radiator with plastic end caps, switch box relocation, and there are others. Paste the following into the search box on your browser without the quotes "site:lotustalk.com while clam is off" and you will see this is a pretty common question.
Good luck! RL

Reactions: Lckitty

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Replace clutch master cylinder with aftermarket if you haven't already.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
588 Posts
The usual things posted on this forum. Do your horn replacement for louder horns, radiator replacement with an alloy radiator if you still have the factory radiator with plastic end caps, switch box relocation, and there are others. Paste the following into the search box on your browser without the quotes "site:lotustalk.com while clam is off" and you will see this is a pretty common question.
Good luck! RL
Switch box? Are you talking about the Elise?

I did clutch+brake master, hose from reservoir, radiator, n took care of any leaking fittings on the AC system.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
755 Posts
Is the Elige clutch master a common issue? I'm expecting to do a front clam-off this winter and am gathering parts. I knew there were Evora clutch problems, but hadn't noticed talk about 111 Fed cars with clutch issues.

The big things on the list for me are radiator hoses (have a weep up there somewhere), find/fix AC system leak and do all the HVAC system mods while I'm in there (I have a mostly unmolested '05, so it needs stuff like the drain holes drilled, resistor pack relocated, etc), do some light bodywork on the clam itself, and a horn, but am happy to add to the list now versus having to do it again latter.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Switch box? Are you talking about the Elise?

I did clutch+brake master, hose from reservoir, radiator, n took care of any leaking fittings on the AC system.
Sorry I derailed this conversation to Elige. I see that the OP has an Evora and none of what I said applies. Sorry again!

Reactions: John Z
1 - 7 of 7 Posts