The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ATTENTION ALL LOG29 ATTENDEES!

For those of us who must live vicariously this year, please update your activities at LOG29 here in this thread. That will allow (at least me to do) one stop shopping. Pictures are very welcome and encouraged. Anything that you want to share is fine. "I met ****** from LT and s/he was *******er than I expected." "I saw a 1978 Eclat and *******ed." etc.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I drove around Talladega at more than 120 MPH (indicated, wasn't running data, but did get a video).

·
Registered
850 Posts
I drove around Talladega at more than 120 MPH (indicated, wasn't running data, but did get a video).
Rich, that's nothing. While I was at Talladega, I saw a Mercedes in the parking lot doing a lot faster than that...

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
And, we were lucky enough to be front and center for the new Evora debut presented by Lotus USA:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RichS, unless you post the video, it didn't happen ;).

Thanks, BruceB and Scott Bowman. That's what I'm needing :D.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Hmmm.... For some reason Youtube is giving me an error on upload. I'll probably have to do it on another computer or something.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Lotus Lotus everywhere

Today Talladega was a blast. I expected only one paced lap, but there were four and it wasn't too difficult to drop back enough to play catch-up with speeds at 125ish. This was my first experience on a heavily banked track and it was a joy.

Everyone had a chance at the winners circle as well.

We had a chance to meet quite a few LotusTalkers tonight and an Evora put in an appearance at the evening reception.

I can't wait for tomorrow (actually it's already here I just noticed) at Barber.

A.J.

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
No Evora pics? :p
I took some inside last night (they had the car unveiling in the 2nd floor ballroom). I'm hoping they'll have it out at the concourse this morning at Barber Motorsports. In either event, I'll post some pictures later today unless someone else does.

By the way, this Evora is red (Ardent Red?) and much prettier than the silver one that you may have seen in previous photos. It will be touring across the country to several Lotus dealerships, along with a black Evora. I know it will be in Houston/Austin/Dallas around June 19 or 20.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
I have only missed 4 or 5 LOGs......I wish I was at this one. Nice to see the pictures

·
Registered
330 Posts
A few Pic from the Concours at Barber today

A few Pic from the Concours at Barber today

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,148 Posts
Talladega: cool, horizon changes drastically looking thru elise windshield, saw indicated 125, that's all.

Asked if I would carry a passenger. OK. Beth came over, very hot, very nice, should have been race queen. Stupid = no pix.

Gave Beth my "Jewish Prince of Love" business card, really need to carry more of those. She asked for it, says she'll write. I am only 20 yrs older than she!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tail of Dragon: Really fun, perfect car is Elise/exige. But, rotator cuff injury = painful. Icing it during day.

Approached Elan +2 owner: "Hey, is that the new Evora?"

Got ride in 720 hp Renntech v12 mercedes coupe. Um...don't turn off the electronics = sideways. Quiet, very comfy, extremely fast (10.9 in 1/4 mile). Going to have him drive the elise later....if he fits.

Was tempted to say to another MB driver waiting for track time @ Talladega: "Hey, you know there are no gas stations out there, right?" Didn't.

Evora: MUCH nicer in person, stunning actually. Nice interior.

Met: Peter Egan, Chris Beebe. Chris is a really good & patient guy.

Met: Ace 10, Slaughter, Moto. Great guys, smart, nice, loads of fun. We'll talk more tonight.
Will see Randy and Tracy tonight; looking fwd.

Barber Museum pretty amazing. Didn't know Pierce made motorcycles

Rear cable on soft top broke, seems to not matter yet. Have duct tape will travel.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Those few pics of the Evora look AMAZING!

I want more pics! And more thoughts on it from the people at LOG!

1 - 20 of 193 Posts