The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everytime i drive with the windows down, there's a slight "whistling" sound, which seems to be coming from the passenger side. I have no idea what is it.

I'm not really looking to fix it as it doesn't really bother me but i'm just curious what's making that sound...?

Thoughts?!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
most likely your a pillar trim is coming up a bit at some part.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I had a similar sound and it turned out to be a piece of flimsy cardboard paper stuck in the area by the windshield wiper. Some idiot put an advertisement for dry-cleaning under my wiper blade but it must have been pushed so far down that I couldn't see it when I looked at the car. So annoying. Anyway, lift the wiper and take a peek. You never know :) Good Luck

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Mine was the pillar was separated from the windshield. Removed it and added a bead of silicon glue on the outside edge - never happened again. Easily removed it with a blade when switching to HKFEVER's carbon fiber pillars.

·
Registered
276 Posts
What Plack said... Same issue with mine, first A-pillar whistled, second creaked, found out neither had any adhesive/sealer between the cover and the window. Replaced with CF covers and added a bead of silicon adhesive, problem solved.

·
Premium Member
7,060 Posts
Yup its the A pillar reed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts