The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if i ever seen it done before.

There might be a reason for that. Whats everyone think?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
sounds like you'll be cleaning the brake dust off the calipers on a daily basis :p

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
White Calipers + Black brake dust = Black Calipers.........right where you started from.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know about the brake cust.

But i figure people paint there calipers other light colors. Like orange or yellow. They would show dust almost as much as white.

I figure i will be the guinea pig on this one.

Im going to buy the paint tonight.

Wish me luck. :D

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I know about the brake cust.

But i figure people paint there calipers other light colors. Like orange or yellow. They would show dust almost as much as white.

I figure i will be the guinea pig on this one.

Im going to buy the paint tonight.

Wish me luck. :D

You so crazy man!

....still wanna see it though. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i figure its just the calipers. Nothing i cant change if i absolutely hate it. I bought the paint on the way home from work. No turning back now right. :panic:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I put a set of white wheels/Hoosiers on my RS4 Avant clone. The car was Nogaro Blau Perleffekt and the white wheels looked great!
I'll try to find a photo..

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still havent gotten a chance to tackle any of my projects.

Dayum im lazy and snow sucks.

I will post pics up as soon as i do.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Still havent gotten a chance to tackle any of my projects.

Dayum im lazy and snow sucks.

I will post pics up as soon as i do.

JEff, I can't wait to see the results. I'm sure it's going to look good but you just have to clean it more often. With your new garage, I don't think that would be a problem. :)

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Just saw my cousins Lexus the other day. A long time ago she painted the calipers. I thought it was silver, but now it looked like it was pale yellow. Either way, now it looked absolutely terrible. They were filthy, and looked like a lot of the paint had came off. I don't think she takes much care of the car now that it is paid for and well she's been out of the country the last few months and just left it with her Mom. Hopefully a spray can of black finds it's way towards them sooner or later.

Seems like it would be a massive amount of maintenance with white.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts