The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excellent condition, all intact, no holes. Minor paint cracks and scratches. All the black lines you see are from dirt stuck on the adhesive of the clear bra. I’d recommend repainting or wrapping the whole thing if you so choose. Please PM me if you have any other questions. Asking $4500.

946F27D4-592D-4484-9986-19187BE3DE49.jpeg
73CB2416-5383-4018-A84C-30E59F294B13.jpeg 1FFDC304-1F49-4AE6-9A17-058050084CA5.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Are the cracks in the paint from the clam being flexed, an impact, etc?
Where are you located?

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stupid me left something loose in the clam and drove the car. Lol. Do you plan not to fix it?

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Stupid me left something loose in the clam and drove the car. Lol. Do you plan not to fix it?
Normally, a spider crack like this in the paint is from the fiberglass flexing too much. So, the next question is whether the integrity of the fiberglass has been compromised. Does the spot where the paint is spider cracked soft if you press in on it?
Also, where are you located?
Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
235 Posts
Excellent? It will need a surface veil at a minimum to prevent those spiderwebs and crazing from printing thru on repaint. Hopefully no real damage to structural integrity or more reinforcements may be needed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Normally, a spider crack like this in the paint is from the fiberglass flexing too much. So, the next question is whether the integrity of the fiberglass has been compromised. Does the spot where the paint is spider cracked soft if you press in on it?
Also, where are you located?
Later,
Eldon
No, not soft at all. I tried pressing on it and it feels the same as the non-cracked area. I’m in Covina(LA area).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts