The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting a white residue line in the engine bay, right along the aux belt plane.
It is mostly noticeable on the charcoal canister and on the engine lid and happens sporadically, and there is no noticeable change in the coolant level.
I’m still thinking it might be a small leak of the water pump seal with coolant seeping onto the belt and subsequently being slung around in the engine bay.
Has anybody experienced a similar issue?

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah, saw similar things on my buddies car when we were removing his rear clam. Ended up being the waterpump. If you pull out that side fenderliner, you should be able to get a good clean look at the pump and see for sure.

Corvus

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will give that a try.
There doesn't seem to be a consensus whether or not the clam has to be removed for a water pump replacement on a NA Elise.
Anyone have any practical experience if it is possible with the clam on?

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,377 Posts
Thanks, I will give that a try.
There doesn't seem to be a consensus whether or not the clam has to be removed for a water pump replacement on a NA Elise.
Anyone have any practical experience if it is possible with the clam on?
Replaced my water pump clam on, Exige S so guessing easier on the Elise. Remove wheel and fendiner liner, not as bad as I thought it would be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts