The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Exige trans with a LSD and I don't want an LSD in it.

Who can help with this and how big of a job is it?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Don can. I could.... but I ain't doing it. :)

Maybe 10 hours total.

I recommend selling and swapping trannies.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Are you keeping the Exige-Princess-Mobile?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Patricko. Wanna trade transmissions? Mine has less then 1900 miles :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm assuming you have the open diff to replace the LSD diff you are removing? If not, I have one if you need it. You may want to consider selling or even trading your LSD tranny with someone who appreciates the capabilities of the LSD. The platform really does work well with LDS despite what Lotus might have you believe. I've had both open and LSD equipped trans...LSD is more fun on the street and faster on the track and autocross. I have DL1 data to back it FWIW.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
When Don was working on my car the schedule did not permit him to work on putting in my LSD. So Newport sent it to TRD.

But as others point out I'd just make the swap. I believe we had to replace the fifth gear because of damage during the change. In hind sight I should have just bought a complete LSD tranny. Cost would have been just about the same and I'd have a spare transmission.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm assuming you have the open diff to replace the LSD diff you are removing? If not, I have one if you need it. You may want to consider selling or even trading your LSD tranny with someone who appreciates the capabilities of the LSD. The platform really does work well with LDS despite what Lotus might have you believe. I've had both open and LSD equipped trans...LSD is more fun on the street and faster on the track and autocross. I have DL1 data to back it FWIW.
I had not even thought of needing to put the open diff in.

Who wants to buy a 288 mile trans with LSD out of a 2006 Exige?

I will include the Stock clutch and pressure plate.

email me offers at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
No trade?

EDIT: I dont really need it but just trying to help out

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I had not even thought of needing to put the open diff in.

Who wants to buy a 288 mile trans with LSD out of a 2006 Exige?

I will include the Stock clutch and pressure plate.

email me offers at [email protected]
I'll offer up one red paperclip for it in trade.
:wave:

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I know it's insulting, but just in case you don't give a hoot for some unknown reason, would you take $300USD?

xtn

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I have an Exige trans with a LSD and I don't want an LSD in it.

Who can help with this and how big of a job is it?

I think Stan is available to remove it.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Qais can..

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Patricko is ignoring me.. :shrug: Its all good though

·
Registered
337 Posts
Auto Europe in Michigan now have the correct tools to repair, modify or rebuild gearboxes - including anything LSD related. As one of the posts above implied, the correct tools and experience is important to avoid breaking gears and to reassemble correctly. The gears are an extremely tight fit and require a lot of force to remove - having the specific Toyota tools is needed to avoid stressing and breaking the gears.

Any interest, speak to Tom Schick on (248) 645 6300.

Usual disclaimers apply - no affiliation other than a very happy long-term customer - Auto Europe are installing a Quaife in my non-LSD transmission as we speak :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts